Wet gloves for dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, so I'm just recently getting into dry suit diving, now that I have my own custom DUI suit. The issue I'm having over and over is that I have 5mm Pinnacle Kevlar gloves...these are the gauntlet kind. They just really don't fit that well with the wrist cuff seals. I also absolutely hate the lack of dexterity I have with my fingers. I'm looking at getting some short gloves, possibly some 3mm gloves, and wanted to see if anyone has done this with a dry suit?

I've been reading up on it, and it sounds like everyone recommends dry gloves, but I'm aware that the dexterity is even more non-existence with dry gloves and I don't have the money for them right now anyway.

I use wet gloves with my drysuit. My hands haven't been getting that cold lately I recently also upgraded to a 300 g thinsulate. I think that my hands stay warmer now because my core is well insulated. I haven't found a need to go dry (again.. Had drygloves on last suit) yet..

YMMV

Ben

What thickness are your wet gloves? Do you guys use a 3mm or 5mm or 7mm?

That's kind of where I'm at too...I have a very thick DUI thermal which keeps my core nice and toasty warm, so I figure that will help keep my hands warm anyway. I don't want the hassle of dry gloves either.

I use wet gloves and my hands never get cold. I find that 3 mm is more than adequate for any temperature from 45F and up. In warmer water (>65F) I wear gloves that have the finger tips cut off for maximum dexterity.

look at "4th Element" (wet gloves)

Damn those look like some badass gloves. Too bad the only dealer of them nearby never carries them in stock...not sure how I feel about ordering gloves online blind without looking at 'em first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom