Wet Suit feeling like a suit of ARMOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMe:
I got a bigger size to complete my cert, then went wetsuit hunting. I found the Henderson Hyperstretch and have never looked back. The stretchiness has kept me from feeling constricted and it made all the difference in the world for me.

Since you're a rather large man, I might suggest that you consider having a wetsuit custom made for yourself. Even if it winds up costing considerably more, the comfort will be worth every dime.

We get a lot of big guys in Texas, and we keep in stock up through 4X hyperstretch in 3's and 5mil. They are very forgiving on the size chart! So much so that we almost never have to have custome ones done.

Hi everyone
Just wanted to say thanx for all the good advise.
The 48LB's was all in my intergrated BC and I also had 4 LB's on my ankels for a total of 52LB's
I know know now to spread the weight out and too get with my instructor and do some trim work
I have also put myself on a diet so that when I buy a wetsuit I dont have to buy a 5X
I am also going to look into putting some of the weight on a belt and in my bc
Thanks Again
Eric

So when are you doing your cert. dives? There's a bunch of us that will be at Gilboa Quarry this weekend. If that's when/where you'll be stop and say 'hey'.

Paula

undRH2OdivR:
Hi everyone
Just wanted to say thanx for all the good advise.
The 48LB's was all in my intergrated BC and I also had 4 LB's on my ankels for a total of 52LB's
I know know now to spread the weight out and too get with my instructor and do some trim work
I have also put myself on a diet so that when I buy a wetsuit I dont have to buy a 5X
I am also going to look into putting some of the weight on a belt and in my bc
Thanks Again
Eric

Be sure to look into steel tanks. They can lighten your weight requirement and decrease your standing weight as well. This is mainly due to superior buoyance charicteristics and the face that pound for pund steel is stronger.

Going from an AL80 to a Pressed Steel E7-80 will let you shed 7+ pounds of ballast weight and also leave you 10+ pounds lighter overall.

Pete

diver_paula:
So when are you doing your cert. dives? There's a bunch of us that will be at Gilboa Quarry this weekend. If that's when/where you'll be stop and say 'hey'.

Paula

I would and I will stop by and say Hello but I will be doing some more pool work then we will be headed to Dinardo's to complete my cert. I will definately be looking youns up once I am cert. Thanks for the invite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom