Wetherill Today 8-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fish2fish

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Did two dives at Wetherill today with Scubabeez looking for tropicals. Viz was 5-10ft at best. Did 1 dive on boat ramp side (Sandy Bottom Cove?) out to the tip and back. Scooped up a Trumpet fish. Although I did talk to a friend who is well informed about tropicals and told me that it isn't a Trumpet but another fish (forget what he said) that looks very similar to a trumpet. But for now....it's a trumpet fish. Anyways as we started to head back to shore we saw another diver heading out and around towards the crevasse. During our surface interval we had a lady come to us and ask us how long a diver could stay down. She had told us her husband said he was going for a dive for 45min and said he had been out for a hour and a half and hasn't seen him. I asked how long he was diving for, in general, and she had informed me "for years" and he was a dive master. I asked if he carried a flag out and she said "no". I told her that we would dive west cove and head out around and maybe we would spot him and she would call the authorities while we were out. Any way, we followed the wall out to the crevasse and headed back in with no sign of him. When we got back to shore there was a fire truck, epa, local police, and a ambulance. As we head to our vehicle we notice some scuba gear in the parking lot and they had him in the ambulance. (Good they found him) Not really sure what had happened. I didn't not want to bother the divers wife but I noticed that there was no hurry for the ambulance to leave and they hung around for five minutes or so before the ambulance left with the wife following. Another diver had pulled in the parking lot and exchanged words with one of the people who was on the scene and he had informed us that he was over weighted and had run into some trouble. So my question is. Has anyone heard anything official?
Also there is a pic of the trumpet in my gallery.

I believe you caught a pipe fish which isn't a tropical. You'll see them in the eel grass along the bottom.

It wasn't a pipefish, we are familiar with those.
It was a cornet! He's actually pretty cool.
This obviously isn't a picture of the actual fish, but it is identical for reference sake.
I'm still curious to know if anyone has any idea what happened to the injured diver.
CoronetFish.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom