wetsuit for athletic build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the everflex, but I am debating if it is too tight. My chest and shoulder area is very tight (to move my arms and range of motion but it is a thicker suit) and my thigh area is skin thought so if I ever get a pump from swimming I am not sure I will be able to move in it. I got a 7/5 wetsuit. I think I can get away with 5/3 in California since I sweat easily. Should I switch for a thinner one or is this how a wetsuit should feel? This i my first wetsuit ever. Should I have gotten an XL and 5/3?

the 7/5 is likely more confining. I have the Everflex 3/2 and it is just awesome. My "thick" wetsuit is a 5mm and that is more constricting due to thickness. I will likely change the 5mm to an Everflex in the near future as well. to be fair, I use an XXL and it sounds like that you need that.

I am looking to get my first wetsuit since I am going to be taking my first scuba course soon. I am 5' 9" and 175 pounds. I have 16 inch biceps (flexed), 25 inch quads, 31-33 inch waist (varies alot), 39inch chest (and possibly bigger soon), and 19 inch shoulders. Are there any specific brands I should look into?

I have a similar build as you, just a bit shorter and lighter. I don't have a wetsuit that fits just right but I'll tell you how the one's that I have fit. I have a 3 mm tilos, which fits just right at the waist but is a real pain to get the arms into. It's very tight in the shoulders. I also have a Henderson hyper stretch 7mm. The arms and shoulders on that are tight but better than the tilos, but the waist is very baggy. I might check out the scubapro Everflex the other post mentions. Let me know if you find a wetsuit that fits well.

Check out Pinnacle. I'm 5'11", 210lbs with 34" waist, 46" chest. I bought a Large Tempo XT 3mm and it fists perfectly.
Male Sizing - Pinnacle Aquatics

What is an XT size? I don't see it there.

---------- Post added June 20th, 2015 at 09:17 PM ----------

Great thread. I am 5.10 and weigh 210 lbs. Chest is 46 and waist is 36. If any of you guys haves similar dimensions and are fitting into an off the rack suit then I would like to know about it.

Great thread. I am 5.10 and weigh 210 lbs. Chest is 46 and waist is 36. If any of you guys haves similar dimensions and are fitting into an off the rack suit then I would like to know about it.

Similar, but not exactly the same. 5'10" 185#, 44 chest, 34 waist. As mentioned above, I use an XL shorty with a L Farmer John. Both are Henderson off the rack.

Back
Top Bottom