Wetsuit replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFras30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted. Anyway, I'm looking to replace my current 7mm wetsuit. I do most of my diving in NJ. The wetsuit I have now is uncomfortably snug around my neck. If I'm on a boat as soon as I zip it I feel seasick. I'm wondering what everyone likes and their suggestions. I've thought about the Henderson Hyperflex.

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted. Anyway, I'm looking to replace my current 7mm wetsuit. I do most of my diving in NJ. The wetsuit I have now is uncomfortably snug around my neck. If I'm on a boat as soon as I zip it I feel seasick. I'm wondering what everyone likes and their suggestions. I've thought about the Henderson Hyperflex.

What do you have now?

I'm also looking for a 7mm for Jersey diving. Ive been considering the Bare sport john and jacket.

i just got my beuchat focea 2 comfort 7mm and dived in 10degree water, and WOW i wasnt even a bit cold. super comfortable and stylish.

You can look at Scubapro Everflex 7mm with hood, not sure how cold the water is where you dive. I can also recommend the Scubapro Nova Scotia (6.5) semi dry with neck-seal and hood, this is more expensive but great for colder waters.

I've only dove in the Northeast a handful of times, but when I did, it was using either one of these suits: a Henderson InstaDry (discontinued now, I think, although they're still available online at ridiculously cheap closeout prices) or a Mares Isotherm semi-dry one-piece. I dove both with gloves and a hood. Both wetsuits did the job decently enough, but I'm willing to bet you'll eventually receive a post on this thread suggesting that you'll be most comfortable in NJ's waters with a drysuit.

Tommy D sports has some nice comfortable cold water dry suits and very reasonable pricing.
they cater to us big boys which is about the only place I can find readily available wet suits in my size.
TD also has low prices on their Lycra full body suits too.

I do most of my diving in NJ.

I'm willing to bet you'll eventually receive a post on this thread suggesting that you'll be most comfortable in NJ's waters with a drysuit.

Get a drysuit.

If you're diving locally, there's really no other reasonable answer.

Seriously.

You'll have longer, more comfortable, more enjoyable dives. In fact your dive season will also be longer, more comfortable, and more enjoyable.

In fact, those of us that dive dry in NJ know no "season" for diving.

I dive NJ waters plenty (I live in south NJ). When I used to dive wetsuits, I dove a Mares Isotherm and I also dove the AquaFlex 7mm. I was quite comfortable in both in water down to 45F - 50F degrees.

I have been diving dry for over 3 years but I am not going to tell you to go dry just because it's warmer.

If you like to dive wet (hey, I dive with plenty of people who just do NOT like drysuit diving), again, I can recommend either of the above wetsuits. I do think that Mares cuts their wetsuits for very tall people (which I am not) and I really like that AquaLung offers suits for us vertically challenged divers (Med. Short, Large Short, XL Short, etc.).

Where you NJ diving?

I was quite comfortable in both in water down to 45F - 50F degrees.

I always laugh when people confuse "I didn't die" with "I was quite comfortable."

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom