Wetsuit thickness for Nekton Rorqual Mar 27th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks MC. We'll see how I do. I am bringing a 2mm shorty and a 3mm full (already left for travel on business). But am looking forward to the flexibility. How were the sights? Fish, coral life?

Great diving - virgin reefs, decent variety of critters.
Let me know what you think when you return!
MC

Yes, I was one of the ice divers. Wore a 5 mil farmer john with a 5 mil jacket, hood, and gloves on the same trip as MC. Same thing I wore in my "younger days" to dive California waters. I was still slightly cool by the end of a few of the Mayaguana dives. As I get older I find I get cold more easily. Course, I'm a better diver now than I was then so I don't work as hard at it. Last year I dove around Turks & Caicos at the same time of year and just about froze in a 3 mil fullsuit with 3/5 hooded vest. I'd rather be too warm than too cold, so I'd say it's better to err on the side of having too much protection.

Just got off the boat today. Suits ranged from a 0.5mm w/ beanie hood to a 5mm w/ full hood. Had one guy dive in shorts and a T on the last dive and did fine. Water temps were 77 - 79 all week. Air temps were 73 - 80. Wear what you need. Take some options, as suggested, so you can layer up as needed as the week wears on.

I got off the boat yesterday. Water temp was 75 to 79 degrees on every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom