Wetsuit too big

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Last year I bought a wetsuit that's a size too big since the size smaller was too tight. Has anyone used a 1 mil as an undersuit to take up the little extra room in a wetsuit?

Several products are designed to go under a wetsuit. I have never used any myself, but I know people who use products like Sharkskin and Lavacore under their wetsuits.

We will occasionally use hooded 1-3 mil. vests under 1-piece suits if needed (and not going dry - which is a better choice.)

Another option, might be a 1 mm pair of neoprene shorts, a 1 mm neoprene vest. I have also seen very good performance with wearing a wool sweater under the suit. If the suit is large enough to accomodate the sweater, it will provide significant thermal advantages.

I have used a 1mm neoprene under a neoprene drysuit, but please have your wetsuit taken in for optimal results

or save your cheese and get another suit

save your cheese and get another suit
Ditto

Proper wetsuit fit is very important. I'd say get another one that fits instead.

Or you can buy a new wetsuit to use for a few years until the one you have now that's too big will miraculously shrink for some reason...

I'm going to use a 1 mill as an undersuit.

My next suggestion is to not wear any underwear as you may already have too much bunching up already

I dived with a guy that wore a drysuit undergament like a onesie under his wetsuit but he was just like that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom