Wetsuit you love!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 4th Element Thermocline jacket & bottoms are perfect for the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico or the Caribbean. I usually will add a layer with an old O’Neil 3M and a borrowed Henderson 5M if additional insulation is required at the cold quarries.

Akona 3mm BACK ZIP Quantum Stretch Wetsuit
Scubapro 3mm Sport Generation

The question was specifically about 5mm and 7mm wetsuits though...
Akona 3mm BACK ZIP Quantum Stretch Wetsuit
Scubapro 3mm Sport Generation
Or are you wearing those on top of each other?

The question was specifically about 5mm and 7mm wetsuits though...

Or are you wearing those on top of each other?
true, you are 100% correct. I was just responding to the "are you loving" part :D
but if it makes you feel better then;
Akona 5mm BACK ZIP Quantum Stretch Wetsuit
Scubapro 5mm Sport Generation

I just bought a Bare Reactive 7mm semi-dry and am very pleased with it. It has zips on the wrists and legs and is very comfortable.

Another wetsuit vote for Henderson. I absolutely love my 5mm.

Note mentioning I will be moving to a custom Bare drysuit as I do not want a 7mm. At my LDS the women highly recommend it, they use them at the springs and my next bucket list dive Silfra. I am prepping as wallet is going to cry.
Which suit do you have? Aqualock? Thermoprene? I have an Aqualock that I just bought but I can't decide if I want to keep it. It seems very stiff and the neck is kind of tight but there are things about it I like, too. Anyhow, I'm interested to know if the Henderson you like is an Aqualock.

I love my Fourth Element Proteus II - but more importantly, the 2 females I know who have one also love theirs.

We are 3 widely varying body shapes and all agree the suit fits as per the size chart, and is very well sealed with almost no water flow through it. The back and neck are a unique design that completely seals under the zipper,

They also take forever to don and doff - but fit great once on. I never use mine to teach in the pool as I don't want the students to be waiting while I'm struggling to get it on. Real dives though I just start suiting up a few minutes before my buddies.

My experience has been quite a struggle. Make time to try on - everything. My current suit is actually a man's small size which gives me the width and space in the chest and shoulders, and fits round the hips too. I am fed up with women's sizes assuming that you are a Jessica Rabbit with non-existant shoulders, enormous pointy boobs and huge balloon hips. And what is this balloon jodhpur thighs all about? I tried on every suit I could including the hire gear on dive trips and if I saw someone who seemed to be the right size and shape I asked them if I could try on theirs.

Currently I have a suit that fits, a BC that fits, and a mask that fits. All currently out of date and I fear the future.

My experience has been quite a struggle. Make time to try on - everything. My current suit is actually a man's small size which gives me the width and space in the chest and shoulders, and fits round the hips too. I am fed up with women's sizes assuming that you are a Jessica Rabbit with non-existant shoulders, enormous pointy boobs and huge balloon hips. And what is this balloon jodhpur thighs all about? I tried on every suit I could including the hire gear on dive trips and if I saw someone who seemed to be the right size and shape I asked them if I could try on theirs.

Currently I have a suit that fits, a BC that fits, and a mask that fits. All currently out of date and I fear the future.
What suits have you tried that fit like this? Because I've had the opposite problem. None of them that make it over my hips, fit my waist and anything the right size crushes my boobs. So I need whatever you've found, haha. Although I have pretty large shoulders.

I know a lot of people with broad shoulders that have had good look with Seaskin and Hendersen as options. Custom is always an option if you dive enough to warrant going that route.

I'm in the UK and dive out in Asia so suit choices may be different. And it was a while ago that I was looking for a suit. In the past I had a Henderson that fit really well but it was faulty (Doh!) and they stopped making that design. I had a suit disaster out in Indonesia and had to do an emergency buy. Against all odds I got a suit that fitted - womens' Beuchat. Made for the Asian market with asymmetric pink stitching and pictures of flowers. Yeah - too much information! Here in the UK, 4th Element has a very good reputation.

Different designs, different thicknesses - you just have to try them all. I would never have tried that Beuchat if I hadn't been desperate, wouldn't have taken it off the rack. It was probably there because it didn't fit any of the Asian women.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom