Wetsuits for fat, blobby, unathletic chair-sitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a source for wetsuits for those who are not perfectly athletic specimens of muscular fitness?

We can make a suit that fits you and work with you on the best design and zipper placement. Feel free to give us a call or email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Derek & JMJ

Try looking at dry suits. Seems like stock sizes for those are the exact opposite. Big midsections compared to the wetsuits I've been in.
You're right. Dry suits tend to be overly baggy in case someone wants to stuff a lot of undergarments inside. They would fit well someone on the overweight side.

I would suggest looking a nice yamamoto suit. I am 5'11 and 240.

I found the best suit for me to be the old seac komoda's because they were suuuuper stretchy. I wore xxl, but it all depends on your shape. For me the xxl was a perfect fit. They are really a bargain considering they are unlined closed cell yamamoto. The new komoda's are not yamamoto anymore because they were too expensive to make. You need to get them with these stitchings in the black red. These are the only ones that are true yamamoto.

1633631722167.png

Just to help a fellow 'rounder' person out, depending on how 'belly centric your physique is' xxxl might be better. But xxl fits me like a glove.

Fat boi on the right below for reference

242382235_10227103658476479_7870722196696437603_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom