Wetsuits with specific trim colors (red)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

123Scuba.com:
Have you considered:

353434333533.jpg

JUST KIDDING :D
You know the silver suits on the old Cousteau specials? Don't laugh, that's how they touched them up.

some more options:

Dive Rite and OMS make wings in red
Dive Rite Transpac BCD can be had with red trim
and the DR regulator has red trim on the first and second stage.

Personally, I think the coolest looking mask I've seen is the Atomic subframe in red trim. I don't have one; only saw it in the LDS.

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/regs/rg2500.shtml

VKdiver:
Come to think of it, there was a Pink Ranger, but I seem to remember it was a girl.
Hey, Kimberly may have been a girl (young woman?), but she was by *far* the best of the Power Rangers. When she left the show, it was all downhill from there. :wink:

(Hehe, in freshman honors chemistry at LSU in '94, we had a group who would show up early to class and spend far too much time discussing the chemistry, physics, and other relevant math and science of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. You see, there was one poor young lady in the class who had a very young (step?-)brother who was "*always*" watching Power Rangers. Our lengthy (and often mildly heated) discussions as to whether the infinite worlds hypothesis could justify the striking similarity of the before and after versions of earth encountered on either end of a relativistic transgalactic excursion (and many other such topics) drove her completely batty. To this day, I remember those discussions with glee... and just a tiny, tiny smidgen of remorse... but I'm sure she's long ago recovered. :D)

If you want pink scuba gear, on the other hand, there's a lot available at http://www.thinkpinkscuba.com/ (from which I just got a pair of wrist boots for my Suunto Gekko and SK-7 compass. They'll be *much* easier to see now, and I don't think I'll have a problem with them walking off on the boat or at pool sessions. I'm *so* going to enjoy the odd looks I'll get next LDS trip season... but I've always been a deadpan ham. :D

pinnacle and hollis also do red trimmed stuff

Bare Velocity comes in Red Trim.

Cheers.

-J.-

MSilvia:
Seriously though, I've seen plenty of red tanks, masks, and fins, but rarely (if ever) wetsuits. Drysuits, yes... but I don't recall having seen red wetsuits lately. In any case, red is the first color to disappear at depth, so you red gear might look grey after the start of the dive.

You are right about the color disappearing and going grey/brown. I bought a red hood for warm water diving, thinking I would be more "visible" underwater. First dive with my husband if it weren't for my yellow scubapro split fins, he said he would not have recognized me. He said as soon as we dropped down, the hood looked a dirty brown! So much for trying to be identified underwater:)

Now that's in idea... scuba gear made with thermochromic polymers (i.e. plastics that change color with temperature). You're nice and red at the surface, but as soon as you hit the thermocline, your gear turns a distinct shade of blue (so as to match the rest of you... I told you a 1mm skin wasn't enough!).

ATLAN did a nice custom 3mm Red with Black 3mm fullsuit for my wife.

BTW Kimberly was tops.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom