Wetwear Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As a retired firefighter with bad shoulders and 4 back operations, getting into and out of a wetsuit has become annoyingly painful. I have had numerous wet suits over the years and decided that going with a custom suit was needed. I had an appointment with the back surgeon in Miami and drove a little further to go get measured for a new wetsuit. I met Connie and she asked a ton of questions while taking measurements. What type of diving, year round or seasonal, traveling where, what gear do I carry . . . etc. Together we came up with the perfect suit. 2mm full with long zippered legs and arms, diagonal back zipper (I was hesitant on that) and pocket on right thigh. The shortie is a front zippered 3mm with a bellows pocket on the left thigh.

2 weeks later I came back for a fitting. Wow! Fits like a glove is an understatement. This fits the way a wetsuit should fit. The diagonal back zipper was easier than I thought it would be. No contorted movements to get in or out of the suit. I didn't need to strain to get the suit over my ankles by prying it off with my fingers or repeatedly stepping on the suit to pull my ankles free. Same with the shoulders.

Connie called me 2 weeks later and said the suit was finished. I couldn't pick it up immediately as I was under going another back procedure. When I did pick it up it was perfect.

I put in 3-4 dives per week and this suit is by far the best I have ever dove in. If you are looking for a custom suit I would recommend Wetwear. Like planning you dive vacation takes time, so does making the perfect wetsuit. Give yourself and Connie time to make the perfect suit.

I second your recommendation for Wetware suits. I got measured for a custom suit at a scuba show by Connie, and had it made in 7mm with the arm and leg zips. Fits like a glove and the full zips are a joy to don/doff and at surface intervals. Even though I'm a pretty standard size the fit of a custom suit will spoil you. Enjoy!

an outstanding suit, and great folks to deal with. I'll likely be a repeat customer should the need arise.

You can also do the measurements "yourself" (okay, a little help from a friend is necessary) and send them in to get the suit made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom