Whale Shark diving & Manta Bowl in Donsol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am wonder the same thing, where is the best place stay and to see whale sharks from? donsol or Ticao? or is there another place?

let me know.............thanks.........

Just a quick update, a few people wanted to see my photos of my trip to the Philippines in March 2009. Well I have over 1000 pictures of various things up on the Internet now. Here is the link, Picasa Web Albums - Rick

I went scuba diving in Sabang, Whale shark snorkling in Donsol and scuba diving in Davao.

I want to say I had a wonderful time and the Philippine people are wonderful, in my opinion, the Philippines is a great country. I am planning on returning to the Philippines in 2010.

hi rjjj

how was your dive in davao? heard some good things about davao but havent been there for diving.
could you give me some advise on the resort, dive spots, critters you see, and prices of your davao dive trip?

cheers

we actually rented a boat for a group of us. I think it was Davao dive shop, it is right at the main pier there. the whole boat and diving was about 8000 pescos. we went to 2 dive locations for the day, both were past the pearl farm resort. the 2nd location was the best, the reef was only 2 to 4 meters deep. i saw a sea snake there, 1 time for that. good good sea fans. i have a link in this thread right above your post for pictures.

here is the exact link to this part of my trip, 142 photos. http://picasaweb.google.com/RichardBryanDennis/RickPhillipsBoatRentalAndScubaDivingNearDavao#

hope this helps.

hey rj, thanks for sharing your photos. looks like you had a great time!!! :) Take care, glad to know we helped.

thanks for the info rj
ill definitiely try to checkout davao this year
that 2nd dive site was indeed more pristine

hi rjjj! How was your dive in Manta bowl? Dove there last march and spotted 0 mantas. Just saw a remora without a host.

i talked with someone who lived in the Philippines, and they had been to the manta bowl 3 times and not seen 1 manta. so i decided not to go. i did not want to burn a couple of extra days of my vacation in hopes of seeing a manta. i thought the chances were to slim. so i decided not to stay over.

besides when i went to Australia and went great white shark diving, we saw big rays there, they were gray in color but 2 to 4 meters across.

Hello -

I am trying to arrange and finalize my trip to Donsol/Ticao but the person I am working with tells me that Vitton and Woodlands are booked for the dates of my travel. Can anyone suggest any other good hotels? Given that I am reluctant to stay at Vitton to begin with I am a bit nervous about the quality.

Thanks!
Susan

Susan, I personally stay at the Vitton in March of 2009. I found the hotel very nice, clean place, and a laid back atmosphere. There are a few more places there but it is limited. The first 2 email addresses are for people at the Vitton, the third is for steady eddies Dive Company, they use another hotel there in Donsol, plus there is another smaller place up the road a 1/4 mile or so. I only know about the Vitton, below is a link to photos of the Vitton and the other is some whale shark photos as well. Ask the people at the Vitton or Steady Eddies the names of other places there. Hope this helps you.

vet.deo@gmail.com annie_buenaagua@yahoo.com info@steadyeddiedivecenter.com

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Vitton resort...

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Whale Shark trip

Back
Top Bottom