What a great buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cat once bubbled...

I guess I should be glad you didn't say "thick headed" instead of "thick skinned" :D

You said it...

LOL, ok, I'll say it!
we ARE thick-headed! water temps yesterday at point petrie were 39* and I was there in the wetsuit with a smile!

and BTW, I will back cat's claims about her being fine in cold water! will dive with her anytime!:)

The ones who pass you on the road are insane and those you pass are too slow :D
Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You said it...
Heh - didn't you say earlier in this now hijacked thread that you were jonesing for a cold water rush?

Each to their own insanity. As a diving newbie, I have little to no experience at depth (none below 60 feet so far) so stories about deep air (or deep period) both awe me and trigger the "are they nuts"? response.

Cold water? Been working in the stuff off and on for over a decade now, so I know when I'm ok in it and when it's time to, uh, chill out. I am concerned about reg freeze, though...

Okay, for those of you who don't know.... I recently left my crappy job for one that's much better, therefore I don't have time to play with you all anymore during work hours! ;-0 SORRY Cat and Kjunheart....... you just gotta keep that pudding warm for me during the day!

SPEEDY , thanks for being so calm during my troubled moments. Who knew I needed exactly 30 lbs. and not 20 to scuba dive right, and who knew that wave had my name written all over it! :lol: I felt so stupid for getting nervous, but hey... I didn't let that stop me!!! You are the best!!! I say we meet up next time at 8am or earlier!!! Perhaps in 2 weeks if you're not that busy!

Big-T...... there's no jealousy whatsoever...I'm sure! Right Erickins? :wink:

O-RING.... the only reason why I decided to dive without a hood was due to the fact that it was too tight around my neck. 56 deg. water isn't that bad to dive hood-less. Once the face went numb I was "cool".

I miss chatting with you all. I think Speedster & O-Ring know how addicted I was to yahoo instant messenger...... but as Speedster told me over the phone today "I'm getting more work done this way"...... all I have to say is SHATTAP!!! :eek:ut:

~ Patty :banana:

cat once bubbled...
The ones who pass you on the road are insane and those you pass are too slow :D

No, most all drivers in OH are insane...95 one minute...oh ***** there's a cop...50 for the next mile and a half...back to 95, the cycle repeats

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
hmmm, the water was 56, but we dive wet, unlike you wusses in your nice warm dry suits.:D

plus, she wasn't wearing a hood, which was the only complaint I heard.:wink:

punkasses

-M

Now THAT's a true diver - cold water in wetsuit, rough surf and bad viz and she still had fun! You go girl!!

Oh yeah, Drysuits RULE! No way to do our Midwest quarries year 'round w/out one unless you're a really tough one. A newbie diver came out in wetsuit last December - and I was cold in my drysuit. Guess you just don't know any better until you get spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom