What a great day with Scubamau!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to clarify about the term "bounce dive". Kevin probably used the wrong word. A bounce dive implies that the diver enters the water, travels to max depth, spends little to no time at that depth and then immediately returns to the surface.

What Kevin did was a multi-level dive with an additional deep descent. He also uses a dive computer and I am sure he followed the profile as well as adding an extra long safety stop or dove shallow for an extended period of time.

BUT, Kevin, you did say that the guys caught two BIG barracuda so not sure what size they were. In several islands as well as many times in FL I have eaten barracuda and it's yummy, however, I have heard many times from the local fishermen that the rule of thumb is not to eat barracuda over 10 pounds. You really put yourself at risk for ciguatoxin poisoning.
I am going to spank you when I see you! See ya soon.
:D

Last edited:
Some of my very favourite friends and acquaintances are the ones who drop a bon mot that causes folks to pause for a second and think about their position. That, in and of itself, is a contribution. Not everyone needs to post advice or answer questions. Differences of opinion make the world go around...or at least interesting. :D

How about posting a link here, to the last post you made doing something constructive like dispensing advice or
posting a constructive thought about DIVING, dive education, dive theory, answering dive and travel related questions, etc.

Cervezas, anyone? :drunks:

Some of my very favourite friends and acquaintances are the ones who drop a bon mot that causes folks to pause for a second and think about their position. That, in and of itself, is a contribution. Not everyone needs to post advice or answer questions. Differences of opinion make the world go around...or at least interesting. :D
A what? Causing folks to pause for a second and think about their position is fine. Trolling just to disturb is not.

Yes, of course. But, we can all do without the insults and mean-spirited sniping. Enough said.

Wow I thought diving was to be a fun and new experience. My instructor told me to get on scubaboard to read and learn but I didnt realize with only 7 dives under my belt that diving was going to be this confrontational. My father always said that if every horse ran the same it wouldnt be a horse race! I hope that when I go on my first dive boats that it is not this competitive because that would not be very much fun. So I hope that when everyone goes diving they have peace in their heart. Goodnight.

Wow I thought diving was to be a fun and new experience. My instructor told me to get on scubaboard to read and learn but I didnt realize with only 7 dives under my belt that diving was going to be this confrontational. My father always said that if every horse ran the same it wouldnt be a horse race! I hope that when I go on my first dive boats that it is not this competitive because that would not be very much fun. So I hope that when everyone goes diving they have peace in their heart. Goodnight.

You will have a great time diving in Cozumel. You are right, diving is not a competitive sport although it appears that posting on Scubaboard may be. Know and dive your own personal comfort zone and you will be a happy diver gaining experience and skill. You may even want to hire a private dm for yourself on your first dive just to give you an extra edge. Keep reading and keep posting an enjoy your trip to Cozumel.

Oh, in English: A clever saying, phrase or witticism; often, a witty riposte in dialogue. None of the insults here qualify as clever or witty. Just the usual trolling of those two who probly have the same IP unless they hide one. I can post from a Texas IP and one in Kansas easily but I never played that game.

I see a PM from DC in my box, I guess because I wouldn't take the last bait here. I think I'll leave it unread until Monday then forward it.
Nah, most divers here are eager to help you, but it's even better on Coz boats. Snipes like those don't act up like this onboard or in the water, nothing face to face - only with the faceless anonymity of usernames and hiding behind keyboards. Sorry it happened here and hope you have fun on SB generally as well as a blast in Coz. :dance3:

Last edited:
Gonna start another thread. One about diving not arguing. Anyone nice want to come over. seeya there. kevin
Jenn bring a soft paddle ok bud. I love ya kiddo!

I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom