What about Haiti?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone, I'm an expat that works all over the world. Usually, a few years at a time in one place then, off to a new project. When I took this project, I was looking forward to diving Haiti. After arriving I found it very difficult to get air and to set up diving here in the North. PaP and surrounding areas have Dive centers.... But really no operational centers in the North. I work 5.5 days and sometimes 6 days a week and I am on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The drive to PaP for a week end is not in the cards. Since there is no infrastructure, I had to make my own. I have three full rigs with dive computers, three tanks with a fourth on the way, a Bauer compressor, and enough other gear to put 6 snorklers in the water. All I need are dive buddies. I've been doing short shallow solo dives but I am not real comfortable doing that often. So far however, I have had a dive buddy come in from th USA and we have begun exploratory dives along the coast near here. I hear rumors of galleons and I think I have almost pinpointed the location of one about a mile from my house. This is likely the bay that the Santa Maria went aground as well. That was a mud bank wreck so it's unlikely to ever be located and... Frankly I'm not interested in finding it. I'd rather dive reefs and walls! You want to dive North Haiti? Come visit!

Back
Top Bottom