What are Cold Blooded Divers wearing in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea... I think I will bring it... but I probably won't wear it. Though I might get me just a rash guard or something.

opalobsidian:
Glad to hear there's so many long torso-ed, cold blooded diver gals out there! Guess we'll all have to follow the lead of Scubawife and charter us a flight to Australia to go group shopping for properly sized scuba wear! And check us out some of them cute Aussie boys who will properly appreciate us taller women.

cxg31s, I'm leaving on Tues April 25th and will be down there a week diving with Christi. Maybe I'll see ya there!

Thanks again for ya'lls input!
Pamela

Hey Pamela! Actually I'll probably see you on the boat because I'm diving with Christi too! I'm there 4/21-4/28, got 18 dives on the schedule, that is, if I can kick this !@#$%^&* cold!

And hey, we should set up a trip--I'm up for Aussie diving and Aussie boys! Hubba hubba! eyebrow

Scubawife, I'll check the O'Neill site again, but none of my LDS's carry O'Neill anymore, so if I can order one online, then that's even better! Not as good as going to Australia, of course......LOL

cyclical:
Kept us warm in the water though...

You are going to be hot wearing that 3mm in Cozumel man.... I was burning up wearing a warm water suit, and it's only like .5mm~1mm.
It just depends on the diver. I wore a skin, most I saw wore 3 mils, some 5s & 6s. Certinly good to wear a long skin or suit for the stingers, but that's always true. :14:

Hurray CXG!

I'm so happy to hear we'll be going out on the same boat! We can make further plans for our Aussie Boys and Toys Shopping Tour!

BTW- I'm an extreme newbie so if I get in your way while diving I'll forgive you in advance if you give me a shove or two!

And Dandy Don,

You never replied to my inquiry about whether you went to Monterey HS! You didn't show up in Lubbick just to be a Red Raider did ya?

opalobsidian:
And Dandy Don,

You never replied to my inquiry about whether you went to Monterey HS! You didn't show up in Lubbick just to be a Red Raider did ya?
Sorry I missed it. Nope, I was raised on a dirt farm & cow operation, went to a very small school system, and I'm now back in my home town - as stated on my profile and listed in my posts: "Between Lubbock and Amarillo"

DandyDon:
It just depends on the diver. I wore a skin, most I saw wore 3 mils, some 5s & 6s. Certinly good to wear a long skin or suit for the stingers, but that's always true. :14:
True.. his g/f and my wife would fair well with the 3mm since their cold tolerance is very low.

But I know Eric... and I know his cold tolerance is about the same as mine from when we have dove together.

opalobsidian:
Hurray CXG!

I'm so happy to hear we'll be going out on the same boat! We can make further plans for our Aussie Boys and Toys Shopping Tour!

BTW- I'm an extreme newbie so if I get in your way while diving I'll forgive you in advance if you give me a shove or two!

Pamela, I'm looking forward to meeting you--since she has 2 boats, we'll probably be switching back and forth, so we'll be on the same one at least part of the time! I love the Aussie Boys and Toys Shopping Tour idea! LOL

No worries on you being a newbie, so is my dive buddy. You learn as you go and Pedro and Javier are great at giving pointers on buoyancy and stuff. But come on, I would never shove you--if you kick me in the face, I'll just cut your air hose! LOL Just kidding! eyebrow

But come on, I would never shove you--if you kick me in the face, I'll just cut your air hose!
I think that anyone who gets kicked in the face was following too close. It's a big ocean. Swim besides your bud, and out of everyone else's way. :D

Oh, one more note on getting chilled. I carry a light beanie in my BC pocket and just strap it on when I start to feel a chill. Works wonders. Put it on a few times over the weekend when my dive skin was not quite enough, but it will help with any suit choice that's not quite enough.

cxg31s:
I would never shove you--if you kick me in the face, I'll just cut your air hose! LOL Just kidding! eyebrow

no no no... just close the valve, and that way after you ditch the body you can still use the gear w/o having to buy a new hose. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom