What are Cold Blooded Divers wearing in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyclical:
no no no... just close the valve, and that way after you ditch the body you can still use the gear w/o having to buy a new hose. :14:

LOL Good point, thanks for the tip!

And Don, I never follow anyone too close, in fact, I deliberately stay far behind the group to keep away from the flailers....well, and because I'm taking pictures. Those who
have been diving with me will testify that I make a horrible buddy. LOL

The most irritating thing is when there's no one around, you settle in for a great photo op and all of the sudden you're either crashing onto the bottom or sailing upward, mask askew and reg knocked out,
because of some idiot who zoomed over from 200 feet away (they usually have a camera) to see what you're looking at. These are the people who never look beyond the center of
their mask and don't care what or who they run into as long as THEY get to see whatever it is. Yet, I'm the one who gets hurt because of their rudeness and lack of etiquette.
Sheesh, you just can't win!

Okay sorry, rant off, this thread was about wetsuits! LOL Bottom line, take more suit than you think you'll need--it's easier to let water in to cool off than to get warm once you've
lost body heat and don't have enough suit to keep you warm!

cxg31s:
LOL Good point, thanks for the tip!

And Don, I never follow anyone too close, in fact, I deliberately stay far behind the group to keep away from the flailers....well, and because I'm taking pictures. Those who
have been diving with me will testify that I make a horrible buddy. LOL

The most irritating thing is when there's no one around, you settle in for a great photo op and all of the sudden you're either crashing onto the bottom or sailing upward, mask askew and reg knocked out,
because of some idiot who zoomed over from 200 feet away (they usually have a camera) to see what you're looking at. These are the people who never look beyond the center of
their mask and don't care what or who they run into as long as THEY get to see whatever it is. Yet, I'm the one who gets hurt because of their rudeness and lack of etiquette.
Sheesh, you just can't win!

Okay sorry, rant off, this thread was about wetsuits! LOL Bottom line, take more suit than you think you'll need--it's easier to let water in to cool off than to get warm once you've
lost body heat and don't have enough suit to keep you warm!

Note to camera ops: Please don't stop to take a picture in a swimthrough when I'm behind you. ;^)

ggunn:
Note to camera ops: Please don't stop to take a picture in a swimthrough when I'm behind you. ;^)

I initially laughed at this, thinking that should be obvious, but given some of the inconsiderate and downright rude photographers I've had the misfortune to be on a dive with, this should be stated in every dive briefing! LOL

cyclical:
no no no... just close the valve, and that way after you ditch the body you can still use the gear w/o having to buy a new hose. :14:
it's all starting to come together now.......

You fill out that life policy on your woman making you the beneficiary yet?

I have one for my wife.. :D

cyclical:
You fill out that life policy on your woman making you the beneficiary yet?

I have one for my wife.. :D
ahaha....

I'm worth more than she is.... by a bunch....

Make sure she doesn't see this thread.... I don't need her getting any idears

JEEZ LOUISE!

Dive buddies conspiring over whether it's best to cut my hose or turn off my air to collect the life insurance! Swarms of welt inducing larval jellyfish waiting to attach themselves to my tenderest bodyparts! Is this some sick vacation movie starring Chevy Chase or something?

These are perils I was not taught about in my OW course!

opalobsidian:
JEEZ LOUISE!

Dive buddies conspiring over whether it's best to cut my hose or turn off my air to collect the life insurance! Swarms of welt inducing larval jellyfish waiting to attach themselves to my tenderest bodyparts! Is this some sick vacation movie starring Chevy Chase or something?

:D

Now you know...

Did they teach you how to escape a shark attack? You take your dive knife and cut your buddy so you can swim to safety. The sharks will be attracted to him/her and you should be able to get a clean get away.

Forget the knife!!! I'm gonna pack a spear gun! I don't want any dive buddies getting close enough to me to strike the first blow!

opalobsidian:
JEEZ LOUISE!

LOL Pamela you're cracking me up! Something tells me this week is going to be a blast! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom