What are Cold Blooded Divers wearing in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've gotten lots of great deals on clothes and wetsuits for both me and my husband at Sierra Trading Post. Hadn't visited their site in awhile until today.

WOMEN's O'NEILL 5/3 mm FULL SUIT for $169 www.sierratradingpost.com/product.aspx?baseno=18020

I didn't check the sizes available but thought I'd post the info in case someone could benefit from this great deal. I just paid $280 for an O'Neill 5mm full suit at my LDS. Oh well. I know my legs and arms get just as cold so the 3mm in those areas would likely not be that useful for me.

94GTStang:
A few weeks ago, another couple, my girlfriend and I went diving in ~50 degree weather. We donned 7mil suits, 3mil gloves, 5mil hoods, 3mil boots. We walked around like we were in a full body cast, but the cold didn't seep in much.

If you want to make lots of money, invent something that will keep your lips warm where the hood comes up short.

full face mask!!

Have any of you bought Oneill rashguards (women). I love my wetsuit and I wanted to order a rashguard online but I can't figure out what size to order. How small is the small? Is it the same as street clothes?

Heck-JoeDiver america is the only one online that I can find who even advertises the nice rashguards by O'Neill and most of theirs are already out of stock.

Hey Angie!!!

Won't it be kinda fun to see if we can pick out who each other are when we come up to the boat for the first time? I never picture people I've "met" on the internet looking the way they actually do.

Bring your town painting brush, and we'll get us some red paint at Chedraui!
Looking forward for sure!
Pamela

scubamickey:
Have any of you bought Oneill rashguards (women). I love my wetsuit and I wanted to order a rashguard online but I can't figure out what size to order. How small is the small? Is it the same as street clothes?

Heck-JoeDiver america is the only one online that I can find who even advertises the nice rashguards by O'Neill and most of theirs are already out of stock.

If you're talking about the rash guard tops then go by your clothing size not wetsuit size. Body Glove has some nice rash guards too and they are easier to find. Most surf shops online have them.

scubawife:
If you're talking about the rash guard tops then go by your clothing size not wetsuit size. Body Glove has some nice rash guards too and they are easier to find. Most surf shops online have them.

Thanks that's what I was looking for. I take a 10 in O'Neill wetsuits but I'm not even close to that in my clothes size. So I wasn't sure if they ran small and a medium was really a size 6 or something. Thanks!

thanks...I like that wetsuit a lot. It says it is hyperstretch, like my Hendersons. Does it stretch well?

catherine96821:
thanks...I like that wetsuit a lot. It says it is hyperstretch, like my Hendersons. Does it stretch well?

The hyperstretch is a bit more stretchy, but I had no problem getting my new O'Neill 5mm on or off (of course, it was dry run). O'Neills are more durable then Hendersons and seem to have a longer life span if they are taken care of properly. Everyone I know who's had a Henderson has had either seems or zippers go in under two years. Maybe they've just had bad luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom