What are some of the most beautiful sights you saw while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any of the wreck or structure dives in the st lawrence because of the cold fresh water they are amazingly well preserved and because of all the zebra muscles the vis is excellent

Reactions: mdb
Might I also add one of my favorite experiences is hanging off the superman line that crosses the lock at lock 21 getting to the middle of the lock your sitting at a depth of 30ft and the bottom is at 60 ft looking down all you see is blackness and then on a count of 3 all the divers in your group let go of the line and you drop into nothingness you drop to 50ft and then things start to appear.might I add at this spot the current I'd very heavy the feeling of flying and falling is my favourite

I have been diving for 45+ years and have had the good fortune to travel and dive extensively; one of the best and most beautiful experiences for me is partially captured on the embedded clip...taken in Belize during a live-aboard trip; the Eagle Ray was feeding and then majestically took off and swam around a lap...the combination of the beautiful Eagle Ray; the eco-system; the other fish participating in both the feeding and the group swim...very memorable.

Seeing 2 manta rays in Bonaire. The first one at Karpata on the second dive of the trip. The second manta was my last day of diving at Windsock.

Ones that come to mind: The clay bank in Cow spring Fl. is something that I wish everyone could see, it really is breath taking.

My first dive on the the USS Emmons solo before it was raped. I don't know if I could go back.

It is not always about what you see. Three of us were diving together for one of us his last dive on Okinawa. We were at Bolo. We started our decent and we all stopped about 60' and listened to whale song for a long time. Just talking about it still brings on goose bumps. I have only had it happen twice, the other one was at Maeda Point also Okinawa.

Drifting in Jupiter and seeing the goliath groupers parked like small school buses in the sand.

Might I also add one of my favorite experiences is hanging off the superman line...

Littlerayray reminded me of something I had completely forgotten about till now. I was on the Belize Sundancer II and it had a metal bar at 20 ft deep which you can see below from www.trekkingdivingliving.com.

Buoyancy + metal bar at perfect depth for a safety stop + current
=
Playing on a jungle gym, flying like a trapeze artist and performing tricks like a pro gymnast.

So much freakin fun! So while the metal bar may not look beautiful, it was gorgeous to all of us. :)

BS2_7624.jpg

Ok. Again love this thread and even though I have posted before I am compelled to talk about my nm 2 experience. We were in Belize, last dive and Captain got all excited over a shark rolling on the surface. We were mostly kitted up and my wife was ready to go in (we always made her go first since she must breath through her ears, comes up with 1500 pds when we are tank dry). So as she gets prepped he says " don't worry about the sharks just get in the water " WTF????. She rolled in with me right behind her, wide eyed we looked around for sharks instead we saw dolphins. Mom, dad and a baby, he gave us the hairy eyeball but must have decided we were not a threat. Then as they swam away we heard them sing. A few seconds later another pod flew by, singing as they went. I almost cried, what an incredible experience. When we got back on the boat the captain said the dolphins rolled the shark to protect the baby. Magnificent animals, and what an incredible experience. I almost feel sorry for those that have never experienced what we have seen but then understand how blessed I am. 7 weeks and we will be in Roatan and can't wait for our next adventure. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love this sport? Bill ( packed and ready to go)

Yeah it depends on location. When I was first certified I joined ($35CAD then). But being 50 miles from the shop and another 25 or so from there to the sites, it became a very long day, as well as having to figure for sure if the club dive had enough to go. As well, the free air fills at the shop of course were only for Club dives. Thus I dived with a buddy closer to home until he moved, then it's pretty much been solo. Too bad, as I did enjoy the social aspect of the club on a couple of occasions back then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom