what are the official scuba ranks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kidding aside, there are diving certification agencies that thrive on people's desire to collect cards, diplomas and badges. Unfortunately, all too often those same agencies/instructors fall short of conveying the knowledge that the serious diver desires to learn. It can be frustrating for some...

I think that is the highest rank I have ever seen "CMAS/NAUI/ACUC/DCBC/IMCA Instructor Trainer Examiner CaveIII/AdvTrimix/CCR 5000+ dives, the agencies suck and I know better. TECH INSTRUCTOR"

Dude, I am not starting a fight, please forgive me for poking fun, but really this was the attitude that had me start this meant to be silly parody. I beg forgiveness,,, <Ducking for cover>....

heres my ranking

You
Me tired
Me hungover
Me Drunk
Me

Not sure if thats from top to bottom or bottom to top.

Badges??!? We don' need no steenking badges!!! I'm sorry. you had to know that one was coming :D

That has to be one of the most incorrectly quoted quote of all time.

That has to be one of the most incorrectly quoted quote of all time.

I wasn't quoting the original. I was quoting the Blazing Saddles version :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a working list.

Reef walker
arm flailer
hose dragger
yo-yo
-
-
-
-
Merman or woman

fill in the blanks

I think that is the highest rank I have ever seen "CMAS/NAUI/ACUC/DCBC/IMCA Instructor Trainer Examiner CaveIII/AdvTrimix/CCR 5000+ dives, the agencies suck and I know better. TECH INSTRUCTOR"

Dude, I am not starting a fight, please forgive me for poking fun, but really this was the attitude that had me start this meant to be silly parody. I beg forgiveness,,, <Ducking for cover>....

I'm sorry that my status threatens you. You must be very insecure if you feel this way. BTW, I've never said that "the agencies suck and I know better." If you seek to start a discussion, it might be helpful to be accurate in what you say.

I do agree with your signature though:

"in ignorance there is certainty, with wisdom there is doubt.
If you cant be nice at least have the decency to be vague.
Nothing I say is true, I am not your instructor, and no one else agrees with me."

Perhaps you might take it to heart...

I'm in a very elite class of divers. OBDs - Old Bold Divers.

There aren't many of us which is why we're elite. We started diving when it was in some parts of the country a self taught sport. We used double hose regs no BCDs, SPGs, or PDCs. Our wet suits had no lining, we used talc to get into them. We checked our tank with a pressure gauge before we mounted our reg and made sure our J valves were in the up position. We weighted ourselves to our target depths and sometimes had a hell'va time swimming to the bottom. We used Navy dive tables for air because nothing else was available, and we used air because that's all there was to breath no matter what depth the dive. We saw our friends die from mistakes we didn't know could be made until their deaths showed us what not to do. We are in a class by ourselves. No cert or plastic card, only time, diving and luck gets you there.

I'm in a very elite class of divers. OBDs - Old Bold Divers.

There aren't many of us which is why we're elite. We started diving when it was in some parts of the country a self taught sport. We used double hose regs no BCDs, SPGs, or PDCs. Our wet suits had no lining, we used talc to get into them. We checked our tank with a pressure gauge before we mounted our reg and made sure our J valves were in the up position. We weighted ourselves to our target depths and sometimes had a hell'va time swimming to the bottom. We used Navy dive tables for air because nothing else was available, and we used air because that's all there was to breath no matter what depth the dive. We saw our friends die from mistakes we didn't know could be made until their deaths showed us what not to do. We are in a class by ourselves. No cert or plastic card, only time, diving and luck gets you there.

Planning and diving deco on j-valve doubles, deep air (nothing else available), wrecks, and perhaps an occasional cave, tech diving before the name was invented. Just like Rodney, we can't get no respect.

I may not be as bold as I once was and I'm not getting any younger, but I'm still diving. 51 years next summer, diving the dream

Bob
---------------
OBD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom