Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My double blue ScubaPro classic bit the dust. Thank God I have two more almost new early 80?s orange scubapro bc?s which I got before the double blue which was my favorite. I don?t know what I am going to do when these fall apart on me. I could never dive with the new bc?s. Too much velcro, foam, clips, buckles, lead pockets, etc, and they are way too buoyant. The last thing I want is unnecessary buoyancy and needing to start diving with weights. That?s tropical with a 3mm suit.
Here in the NE with a drysuit is a different story.

The Sporasub Inca

The cheapest BC I've found and a very comfortable low volume jacket-style BC that's rolls up to nothing for travel. Perfect for sport diving and bug hunting. ($97 from Diveinn)

I use the ScubaPro BC I bought before there was anything other than a Classic, or such things as Tech diving. You went deep or not, you dove wrecks, or not, you dove caves, or not, etc., etc.

devilfish, ScubaPro can refurbish most of their BCs that go belly up or you can replace the bladder, etc. Although, I know of at least one person on the board that has completely worn out two black on black, rubber inside and out, ScubaPro BC's such that they couldn't fix them.

I have the Knighthawk... Why? Because I like it. It gives me freedom to move, I like the back inflate design, the tank strap is probably the best you'll ever find and it's comfy with a nice durable feel to it. The material is (from what I can tell) much stronger than most others I've seen/read about.

I'm a scubapro fan. However, I wish SP would resurrect the original 70's era stab jacket; the one with black fabric and blue taped seams, full backpac, no pockets, web belt and short skirt. That was probably the best of the minimalist jackets; slick as a seal, and it was foolproof in donning which took all of 10 seconds from slinging on the tank to fastening the buckle.

36 lb wing for warm water. 55 lb wing (I think, Halcyon) for doubles. One SS backplate.

I own an AL backplate, and I'm trying to figure out why I bought it!! :confused:

I have been using an IDI Nekton for about two years and like it, but it's time to change to wings.

Steve

I also own and enjoy a masterlift tec, (alltough it can be a face planter on the surface) Does anyone use doubles with this b.c.? Can it even be rigged for such use? Would the tanks be secure? Keep in mind that I'm reffering to modarate sized tanks such as 72's and no larger than 100 c.f. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom