What bcd fits more muscular build (broader shoulders smaller waist)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The simplest and quickest solution to your BC problem would be a crotch strap - nuf said and no need to overcomplicate things.

One can be made very easily and attaching it to any BC can be done with some very simple ingenuity.

Zeagle dealers have been mixing aircells and BC harnesses around for decades, to create models that are more streamlined, lighter or more technical capable. Some had entirely new aircells or new harness assemblies made for their private label BCs.

IMHO, Larry's big achievement is in successfully marketing his Brigade combination to the entire world.

Dirt Rider, we're the same height and probably similar in build, but you're about 5 to 10 lbs heavier. I wear a Zeagle medium Stiletto or Ranger LTD, but can wear a large in winter with my 7mm. Our back inflate BCs and BP&Ws will snug down with no ride-up or squeeze.

Zeagle BCs all have duel cam bands and many models like the Ranger, Ranger LTD and Tech will mount doubles, as will our BP&Ws.

Don't worry, breathing efficiency will come with experience. Search air consumption here.

Chad
Zeagle FL rep.

Another vote for BP and wing

I have the Zeagle Brigade from ScubaToys and my husband has the Zeagle Stiletto. Both have similar features -- the Brigade just had a few extras that I liked. Both fit well on my hard-to-fit self due to the different sizes in the waist and shoulders.

We took a day and drove from Houston to Dallas and back to try things on at Scubatoys, but Larry will work with you by mail to try on the different sizes. He sent me two bcs and various parts during the process...I was running out of time before my trip, so I went to Dallas. I think I would have eventually worked everything out by mail if not for the deadline.

Certainly do look into backplate+wing system.

I would reccomend looking into Zeagle as well. I am 5'10, 190 lbs and have very broad shoulders. I have used a Ranger for years and love it. You don't have to purchase a Ranger, all of Zeagles BC's are very user friendly when it comes to sizing. If you decide to go with Zeagle, check out EZscuba.com (813)-887-5712. They will beat ANYONE"S price on Zeagle products.

Enough with the BP/W as the end all. You'd think that half of the posters on this board view their self-worth reflected in a BC choice.

Regardless of BC, a well-fitted one will not ride-up - get your OW instructor to show you IN THE WATER how fit it; a tank-strap is an added saftey piece that you should consider for any rig.

I've got a SeaQuest pro unlimited ... I love it, and scuba shop owners, padi employees, and friends of mine who have traded off for just one dive with my equipment will say after the dive is over, "I gotta get me one of these". It is simply awesome. For the record I've dove a few buoyancy compensators including bp/w, zeagle ranger, and too many lame rentals to count ... but for fully adjustable fit, extra low back comfort and padding, easy adjustment (this thing has adjustments everywhere) and pockets, integrated weights. It helps so much with trim in the water, I love swimming at all different angles, whatever the dive calls for or just for fun ... other than the tank you'd hardly know you have it on. So many other rigs feel like unstable balloons strapped to your body ... different angles means moving the air too much to one side or another. I've never experienced this. Check out a decent sized scuba show, where they have a pool that manufacturers are using to allow you to try out equipment or a dive shop with a pool that offers the same flexibility, it's surprising how many shops allow you to try before you buy, not all for sure, but ask it can't hurt.

daniel f aleman:
Enough with the BP/W as the end all. You'd think that half of the posters on this board view their self-worth reflected in a BC choice.
Nope just that many of us thrown good money after bad product and finally woke up and bought a BPW. When we did finally get there, we wondered why it took so long and cost us so much.

OE2X:
Nope just that many of us thrown good money after bad product and finally woke up and bought a BPW. When we did finally get there, we wondered why it took so long and cost us so much.

Yeah, right; all those BCs that 99.95% of all divers wear, bad money spent. Sure. Apex 50s, everything else sucks. Jet fins, everything else is crap. Computers, who needs them? Etc... Why don't you call Steve Zeagle and tell him what you think about his recreational BCs: 813-782-5568.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom