What bcd fits more muscular build (broader shoulders smaller waist)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why the bitterness, Mr. Aleman?

And why would somebody need additional instruction to use a BP/W?

There are undoubtedly any number of BCs that will fit the OP and solve his problem. Those of us who use a BP/W assembly recommend it because, unlike the traditional BC, you don't have to go to a bunch of dive shops and try on a bunch of gear to be sure that what you are buying will fit you, because you can adjust what you are buying until it does.

I'm with OE2X. I wish I'd found Scubaboard and the BP/W advice before I spent about $500 on a BC that didn't fit right and still doesn't, but was the best I could figure out at the time.

It's pretty well known around here about how I feel about certain brands of BCD's. I don't need to add more salt to old wounds. If you are interested do a search...

Let me guess you have never tried a BPW?

OE2X:
Let me guess you have never tried a BPW?

I have used a BP/W for 40 years. I use, of course, a BP/W when I dive the cenotes (I'm full cave); but I prefer the jacket in the open ocean.

Post #19

It's just pointless to try and differentiate rig configurations to a newbie that hasn't even completed OW yet - his instructor should do the instructing.

daniel f aleman:
Yeah, right; all those BCs that 99.95% of all divers wear, bad money spent. Sure. Apex 50s, everything else sucks. Jet fins, everything else is crap. Computers, who needs them? Etc... Why don't you call Steve Zeagle and tell him what you think about his recreational BCs: 813-782-5568.

Dan, that would be Scott (Lakes) at Zeagle.

Chad

And you don't need to call...I already know...

:D

Folks, understand that different people are allowed to have different opinions. We aren't going to win them all, and that is fine. I try not to get personally offended when someone doesn't prefer our gear, although sometimes it is hard...LOL

That being said - Christmas is coming and I have three boys that want a million dollars worth of toys and games (anyone got an XBox 360???) so if you could see your way clear to buying Zeagle in the next 2 weeks, I would appreciate it!!! :D

Have a happy holiday season and a Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Scott

Alright Scott, I'll help your boys out. PM me with a KILLER price on an Envoy Deluxe and I'll see what I can do!

Smart*****!!! Lol!!

What are your opinions on buying a used bcd? Say for instance I could get a used zeagle ranger ltd in size large that had 25 fresh water dives on it for about half the price ($350). Would this be better than buying something like the brigade from scuba toys for $400? What should I look for in a used bcd to make sure I don't get screwed buying a bad one? How long do these bcds last? What needs maintenance on them and how often? Also, is something like the ranger too big for convenient travel?

Surprisingly instructors say very little about equipment fit, function, or maintenance in the open water course. Even afterwards with all my questions they seem to just put a lot of faith in the fact that the equipment will always work and for the most part it is all the same. I did express to my instructor that I didn't think the course covered very well the reasons why you should do what you do in an emergency situation. I just based that on what I was seeing some of my classmates do in the pool. It seems finding out info on equipment is either a function of having very good LDS staff (which I didn't experience - though I was in there only once probably at a bad time) or these msg boards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom