What BP/W for a petite diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a problem with the tank, keeps banging my head, to the point were sometimes i feel like I'm bleeding!! made a post about it in " dive rite ". so, I'm thinking about buying Halcyon or DSS and maybe go GUE/UTD, most likey GUE.

The DSS bp is slightly shorter (1 inch?) than the Small Halcyon Eclipse bp/w. I have the small Halcyon Eclipse, but have never tried the DSS. The Halcyon wing also seems a little long on me, but I am very petite. It is a very long narrow wing. I suggested to Halcyon last year that they consider multiple attachment points to accommodate petite divers and/or design the wing shorter and wider or shorter with slightly less lift. They said they would consider it for future re-designing.

Regardless of the size of the bp/w, you can stop the tank from hitting your head by attaching your top cam strap as high on your tank as you can, just under the curve. If the tank is also hitting your legs, you could use a shorter tank like a HP 80, for example. I used to use an AL 63 and then moved to a HP steel 80.

GUE Fundamentals is well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom