what can be considered a loggable dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest, it frightens me that people with so little experience become “Dive Masters”. A friend’s ex-wife became a DM. She went directly from OW, to Advanced, to Rescue, to taking her DM course. This with NO OTHER DIVES. The dive shop told her they would “make sure” she had enough dives on her log to make it “legal”.

If you know this for sure, you should report it to the agency. If you are talking about PADI, you cannot start a DM program with that many dives, and you have to have many more than that before you complete the program. What you describe is a standards violation.

Very interesting discussion, I cant remember ever been told from an Instructor what qualifies as a dive except that pool sessions don't.

I often help instructors on courses and have been buddied with the most inexperienced diver, and things may go wrong, Eg they cant equalise and we abandon the dive, I log that dive with the student as it may mean very little to me but it is a great learning curve for them.

I log every dive I do in open water including inland quarries and put a lot of effort into my log book, because i really enjoy going through it in the off season, and sharing it with other divers.

By the DMC who "logged three 2 minute dives during a rescue course."? :D

Rescue courses generally have a lot of short activities, and it is hard to know how to log them. Some agencies (PADI for one), state explicitly that a rescue course can be logged as a specific number of dives. That is a unique situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom