What can I carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love Southwest because they include checked bags in their base price. Why not take advantage of that?
At this moment I don’t trust SWA with my luggage- Denver happens to have the worst of it. If my flight is cancelled and I have to pick another carrier, I want my bags with me.

At this moment I don’t trust SWA with my luggage- Denver happens to have the worst of it. If my flight is cancelled and I have to pick another carrier, I want my bags with me.
If you’re checking a bag, suggest you put an Apple AirTag or a Tile in it, depending if your phone is iPhone or Android. I put an AirTag in my checked bag when I flew to Cancun in August.

DFB2D612-DD7E-4EAC-838B-897BFEE4E952.jpeg

This thread is based on the OP’s assumption that he himself is going anywhere, because the thread was initially misdirected as a carry-on vs check baggage phantasmagorical
descent
into
Dante’s
levels
of airline hell.

Specifically #8: Fraud

(Totally missed the thing about January diving in Costa Rica. That’s #10, Dis/Nether.)

If you’re checking a bag, suggest you put an Apple AirTag or a Tile in it, depending if your phone is iPhone or Android. I put an AirTag in my checked bag when I flew to Cancun in August.
My plan is to carry on- unfortunately, I am not able to find Apple AirTags in my area 😞 Thst was my first thought when deliberating on whether to check a bag or not.

I love Southwest because they include checked bags in their base price. Why not take advantage of that?
How many checked bags and what weight limit do they allow ?

My plan is to carry on- unfortunately, I am not able to find Apple AirTags in my area 😞 Thst was my first thought when deliberating on whether to check a bag or not.

AirTags are available via Amazon, Apple’s online store, etc., so even if you live in BFE, you can get AirTags.

How many chewed bag and what weight limit do they allow ?
2 checked bags and 50lb limit per bag. I had a large rolling duffle when I flew SW to Cancun in August. It was a bit outside of the regular checked bag dims, but under 50lbs. No one said boo about it and I didn’t get charged for it being larger.

AirTags?

So you know for sure that your bags are where you are not.

For dive travel, where made tight connections are crucial, of what actual use are AirTags?

I see no value where flights to ‘real’ (hondo/exotic) dive destinations are only maybe once-a-week. If flights are run daily? Rent what doesn’t fit or show up- you’re traveling from civilization to civilization.

Cancun, Costa Rica, nor any of the other “C Words” (Cayman, Curaçao, Cozumel) are exactly off the beaten path. Rental gear, good quality, it’s everywhere)

This isn’t a discussion about SWA or even lost luggage, it’s the same old thread about needing to carry-on my soft-weights & favorite snorkel.

I have heard of people wearing their BCD on the plane to make extra rook in their luggage. Never tried it myself.

Back
Top Bottom