What can you tell me about Great Lakes diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by TexasMike
... After reading this thread, I think I need to work up a roadtrip to visit you folks! (After I purchase the dry suit of course!).

I do plan on taking TDI's Adv.Nitrox/Stage Deco course next spring, so it would work perfectly with diving some of the sites you folks mentioned (especially the Marsh that Scubanarc mentioned). And I bet I could get Corsair to come along with me, espeically to dive on a tall ship.

--TM

TM - On behalf of the others in the area, I think it would be a wonderful thing if you came up and did some diving with us. You and Cosair, and even our 'ole pal Syruss, really should plan a trip up here and see all the great wrecks.

Back at the end of September some of us (Butch, Bottom Sucker, Ontario Diver and I) had a grand time visiting a number. It was a perfect day - beautiful surface conditions (minimal wave action, bright sunshine), and superb u/w conditions (water temp was around 68-73, viz 40ft+, few other divers - no crowds)

I've got the charter reserved for the last weekend of September 2002 - not only to repeat the fun time, but also take the opportunity to dive the new Cdn Destroyer. Check out the info provided by Ontario Diver on her HMCS Gatineau

Originally posted by scubanarc
Try Bottom Time Charters out of Brockville. I took some advice from someone on this board to try this charter out. The guys name is Evan. He is so accomadating. He had a cooler full of bottle water and handed them out every time he helped you out of your gear. He handed out suckers. He played Island music on his very well equiped sound system. He had an awesome boat. 30ft with a 12ft beam. 12ft by 4ft dive platform on the back with a very nice ladder. This outfit really knows how to treat their divers. He also went out of his way to take us further down the river to dive the wrecks we wanted to dive and didn't charge us anything extra. Cost us $41 US for a 2 tank boat dive.
Ontario Diver how can I carry double 95's in one hand and a compressor in the other. I have to leave the compressor on the dock because the one hand is used to carry that cooler full of Great Canadian Beer.
http://bottomtimecharters.com/
Here some info on the St. peter
http://www.dreamscape.com/pchurch/scuba/stpeter.html

5-7 mm or dry suit year round in Great Lakes. I dive many of the wrecks in Lake Erie. Good historical value. Alpena Michigan is good also.

Good diving.

I noticed that no one mentioned diving the St. Clair river. A truely ripping time in a ripping current. Even has some cool little wrecks to check out (i.e. "Monarch").

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom