What did you buy that you absolutely loved?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the wife and I:

Chevy Suburban - getting to and from the dive sites/trips in comfort and having space to try and entice friends to come with us.

For me:

Atomic Zx2 (now to get the frameless mask)

DAN Membership
Stilleto-It was like heaven after the POS jackets the LDS uses for OW Training
2nITION-Even thou its only been to the bottom of the 5' apartment pool so far :dork2:
Spring Straps for my Twin Jets :missing:

For the wife and I:

Chevy Suburban - getting to and from the dive sites/trips in comfort and having space to try and entice friends to come with us.

For me:

Atomic Zx2 (now to get the frameless mask)

Does your Suburban look like this? Just kidding :D

candy-van-copy.jpg

It'd probably work better if it said, "FREE BEER" on the side...

We'll, I'll chime in here.I dont post much but I think my Pinnicle 7mm marino lined wetsuit is awesome.

Best thing I've done was changing my BCD for BP/wings. The difference was amazing.
I also love my uwatec bottom timer. I just bought another :wink:

jm

My 7mm wetsuit. It has expanded my dive season considerably.

more diving = happy diver

What was the best gear investment that you ever made?
'Big' stuff: 1) drysuit (like Lynne and several others, about the only time I dive wet now is in a pool, or for OW check-out dives to be geared like the students); 2) canister light (although only a 10W HID, it is a remarkable improvement over all other lights I used before); 3) DPV (a Mako, and even though it isn't souped up like Rick's, I love the convenience of a DPV); and 4) X1 (the display is just phenomenal, the functionality is great and NO buttons to try and press through thick gloves).
'Little' stuff: 1) spring straps (why does anyone dive with rubber straps anymore); 2) SeaDive Caribbean mask (easily the cheapest mask we sell in the shop, simple, fits well - less is more); 3) double AL80s (bought them used - for less than the cost of a new single steel tank, great recreational dive tanks, trim well, just the right amount of gas).

I know they're not exactly sexy, but like many others here I'll have to say my steel tanks are probably #1 on my list of best-spent money. Worthington high-pressure 120's with that wonderful Thermo convertible DIN/yoke valve in my case.

Second best purchase would have to be my Atomic B2 reg - reliable, easy breathing no matter what.

Third would be my Sherwood Wisdom II hosed air-integrated computer. Reliable, big display, easy to see, intuitive to learn and operate.

Also, one item I originally thought would be gimmicky that actually turns out to be wonderful: the SeaCure moldable mouthpiece. Actually works great, better than expected, keeps the reg in my mouth easier, reduces jaw strain, all of that; just a darn good accessory purchase.

>*< Fritz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom