What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a pair of Henderson hard sole boots that have just wrecked my toes on the left foot.

I dived with the boots on a trip to Curacao with no issues but my most recent diving required a little more walking to and from the water. Rough going.

Basically boned all of my remaining planned dives.

OMS 3 watt head LED light for about $60. It flooded on the 3rd dive. Like it wasn't bad enough I bought the new one on LP for $40 since price went down. this new one flooded on the first dive

Last edited:
Aluminum 80s, Air2, Scubapro Aladin One console, retractor slate.

Now have HP120, another G250V, Viper2 wrist, wrist slate: much happier.

Most of my gear, I like and love since I waited nearly till I completed my DM course before I bought it! And since I tried a lot of different styles from jacket to BP/W to halogen and LED lights, etc before I bought my gear.

The only things I wish I did differently would be :

1) 7' Primary Hose
2) Another Apeks 2nd stage instead of a xtx 20 octo.
3) I need to buy a knife :p
4) A proper LED backup light instead of a UK Mini Q40.
5) Wrist mounted Compass and Pressure Gauges instead of a 3-1 console.
6) My SS pointer is useless and annoying to carry. A knife would serve all needs :D

Things I am happy I went with right off the bat after much research :

BP/W setup (best thing ever!)
Apeks XTX 200 reg (best thing ever!)
Jet fins (I hate anything less stiff now :S)

That 8 D-cell flashlight.....still can't believe I carried it all the way to Belize.....good for spotlighting the Crocodile eyes at night or if you were in need of upper extremity bicep curl weight resistance. With new batteries I think it would be visible from the international space station!

For me the 1/2mm full suit. No use for anything but jellyfish stingers.

I would have prefered to have spent more and bought a better computer than the Suunto Gekko.

I would have prefered to get the 3-up console with compass on the from rather than the back, but that's minor.

I bought a Cressi Big Eye mask but if you have a big nose when you are at depth it will smash your nose and cause pain. Great viewing but need a small non italian nose like me :). Big noses make better lovers!!! Size does matter:wink: <>< <>< <><

I'm not sure "Cressi Big Nose" mask would have the same marketing appeal:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom