What did you Forget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which boats are you guys on? Our group chartered two Emperor boats (Superior and Infinity) back in the Spring. I hope you're doing some land tours as well while there. Would be a shame to go that far for OK diving but miss out on the REAL reason to visit the area.

I would have been greatly disappointed if I went all that way just for the diving.

I am diving with Sinai divers on the Ghazala I in Sharm. I am going a couple of days early to check out Mt Sinai at daybreak and then I am in Cairo for three days to see the pyramids, the antiquities museum, go to the open market, see the sunset on the Nile, ride a camel, and do a desert tour on horseback.

On behalf of the other passengers, I'll ask that you leave the speakers home.

Thanks!

:cool2:

which i appreciate (be respectful, everyone, of your fellow passengers who might not want to listen to bloodhound gang at top volume!), but we had a day of bad weather & played it very democratically in the lounge while playing hold'em.

We're on the MV Tala, with two days in Cairo beforehand for pyramids and museums, and four days down the Nile afterwards to visit the temples. Should be a great trip!

Clothespins

We're on the MV Tala, with two days in Cairo beforehand for pyramids and museums, and four days down the Nile afterwards to visit the temples. Should be a great trip!

We saw that boat a couple of time on our itinerary. Looked quite nice.

The temples and such are just insane. You see them on the Discovery Channel and think "Wow, pretty amazing..." but then you see them in person and you're just blown away!

I still haven't gone through all of my 2,700+ photos! Here's two:

Nile sunrise:

DSC_00037.jpg

Red Sea sunset:

DSC_02881.jpg

I did my first ever dive liveaboard on one of the Ghazala fleet (I don't know if there's more than one these days) many years ago out of Hurghada.

While it was a fun and exciting experience, I deeply regretted not having brought sea sickness remedies. I'd underestimated how rough the seas might get.

A fellow traveller kindly gave me some over-the-counter remedies but it knocked me out for hours. When I woke up in the lounge, I discovered that my toenails had been painted in about ten grotesque florecent colours of nail varnish (a silly practice that goes on during trips) :shocked2:

One other thing to bring: Sudafed. The real stuff that you have to ask the pharmacist for.

My cabin-mate on the Truk Odyssey ended up with super clogged sinuses and missed 4 of 6 days diving. (I offered him some of my Sudafed, but he declined which is a whole 'nother story.)

Nothing since my wife is completely ANAL about making packing lists for both of us. When we first got married the lists would start 6-8 weeks ahead of time. I've got her down to three weeks now.

A woman after my own heart! I like lists, too--it's not like you can pop in a Wal-Mart if you forget something....:D

A woman after my own heart! I like lists, too--it's not like you can pop in a Wal-Mart if you forget something....:D

Yeah, they call me Mr. Haphazard so I'm glad I found her. She makes a great dive buddy for the same reason.

I always take a spare reg, just first stage and a single second stage. Also take two computers and dive with both. If one fails, you don't have to sit out for 24 hours or shift to tables. Plus a spare mask if you use prescription lens.

Back
Top Bottom