What did you Forget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also take two computers and dive with both.

On the liveaboard trip we just went on a man was diving with two computers. One of them said he was fine nitrogen wise, and the other showed him being almost into deco diving. I guess it's like Confucius says--"man with watch knows what time it is. Man with two watches doesn't"

On the liveaboard trip we just went on a man was diving with two computers. One of them said he was fine nitrogen wise, and the other showed him being almost into deco diving. I guess it's like Confucius says--"man with watch knows what time it is. Man with two watches doesn't"

The only reasonable thing to do is follow the most conservative computer. No two computers calculate alike as many use different models. There is no reason to expect identical results from two computers esp. if they are from different manufacturers.

My primary computer is a Cochran which has a setting for the degree of conservatism. I adjust it to mirror by backup computer, an Aeris, at 60 and 90 feet. Besides for most rec. dives at reasonable depths (< 90 feet), most people are air limited, not deco limited with an AL80.

For years, I've brought with me a spare 1st and 2nd stage, a pressure gauge, as well as repair kits for each. I travel with my wife and son and bring only one of each for the three of us. This year, I needed them and was glad I had them. I think I'm going to add a second Rx mask instead of a plain spare. I no longer think I could function well without my gauge readers. I also always bring zip ties and bungy cord.

Ditto ItsBruce - definitely have always forgotten the ear plugs.
Antibiotic ointment (neosporin). Someone always ends up with some sort of scrape or cut.
White athletic tape - helps with injured toes

Extra inflator hose for your BCD and glue to stick it. I am serious! My inflator hose came apart on my last dive when I was doing a safety stop. It was an end to my diving but since it was the second last dive, I only missed the final dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom