what do pinoy divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
i got this idea from a more "international" forum... would like to make survey though a little closer to home

this counts if you're:
a) a pinoy diver - yes
b) dive the philippines a lot - yes
c) are from a different race but bleed san mig just the same - yes
d) know the answer to "bababa ba?" - definitely yes

what do you do for a living?

I'm a central bank of the philippines (now BSP) examiner/executive

how do you pay for your dives? I pay for it out of my salary; 4 mos. ago the BSP even increased our pay, hehe.

who do you have to sleep with to dive? no one, wife is diver too.

Hey jag, did raised an SMB for you as promised. Saw two sharks, eels, big trevallies, 2 big sweet lips, a giant crab in Mainit, Bahura and Caban (night dive).

Mainit was very unforgiving though, had to tough it out holding on to a rock and not get swept away. Was rewarded with two shark sightings, funny they were not moving but just hovering above us with the current running wild. Water would seep in my mask every time I look up at them. The water was making a howling sound, it was indeed a power dive. We cut the dive while we were still ahead, low on air signal was 1,000 psi. Dive time was 40 minutes, depth 93 ft. We were picked up at the middle of the channel.

Now sitting here in my office I would close my eyes and reminisce, i want to go back.

I think this is interesting. I believe unlike in western countries Scuba diving in the Philippines is seen as an elitist sport, a sport for people who have money. However as I get to know more and more Filipino Divers I see that not all are of the upper A or B SEC. So it is interesting to know how other divers fund this hobby or sport. :)

clgsamson:
shugar:
i got this idea from a more "international" forum... would like to make survey though a little closer to home

this counts if you're:
a) a pinoy diver - yes
b) dive the philippines a lot - yes
c) are from a different race but bleed san mig just the same - yes
d) know the answer to "bababa ba?" - definitely yes

what do you do for a living?

I'm a central bank of the philippines (now BSP) examiner/executive

how do you pay for your dives? I pay for it out of my salary; 4 mos. ago the BSP even increased our pay, hehe.

who do you have to sleep with to dive? no one, wife is diver too.

Hey jag, did raised an SMB for you as promised. Saw two sharks, eels, big trevallies, 2 big sweet lips, a giant crab in Mainit, Bahura and Caban (night dive).

Mainit was very unforgiving though, had to tough it out holding on to a rock and not get swept away. Was rewarded with two shark sightings, funny they were not moving but just hovering above us with the current running wild. Water would seep in my mask every time I look up at them. The water was making a howling sound, it was indeed a power dive. We cut the dive while we were still ahead, low on air signal was 1,000 psi. Dive time was 40 minutes, depth 93 ft. We were picked up at the middle of the channel.

Now sitting here in my office I would close my eyes and reminisce, i want to go back.

lucky man!!! i am yet to see my predators:( i also have never experienced any current like that.

Spoon:
:( i also have never experienced any current like that.

And when you do, try to remember your training. Don't lose your head, never never panic. :crafty: Stop, Breathe, Think and Act.

BTW, my wife went thru the same mainit experience.

paolov:
now that's what i call a fast edit !!!

hahaha after pressing submit reply button I remembered Master Yoda and thus I edited my reply :)

...anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom