what do pinoy divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well sport for the rich and famous talaga but i think the very close proximity kasi and relative low cost of resorts and dive sites allows even lowly teachers (like me) to "afford" the sport... bale gamit lang yung major expense

it's also why scubarat and other el-cheapo packages are such big hits... di naman (masyadong) maarte ang pinoy... basta magagawa niya yung kaligayahan niya kahit sa sahig matutulog hahahaha

then again of course there's the whole amanpulo crowd haahaahahah but that's a different story

Jag

shugar:
parang familiar pero maraming mikey at maraming lopez... i could be mistaken...

when you say school is it san agustin, la salle o csb?

Jag

i graduated from csb

clgsamson:
And when you do, try to remember your training. Don't lose your head, never never panic. :crafty: Stop, Breathe, Think and Act.

BTW, my wife went thru the same mainit experience.

it depends, if i see something over 10' i might throw all my training in the trash!

am connected with a local market research firm & we have a startup bamboo furniture outfit based in laguna...income from work funded my certification & equipment

unfortunately, consumer research work consumes a lot of my time thus i can't dive as often as i would want to

wife doesn't dive, she says she's afraid of those things you call "sharks" :crafty:

btw, around 65% of my body fluid consists of SMB light so i would assume i'm qualified here :eyebrow:

thread hijack ng sandali,

would you know of where i can get live lemon grass or tanglad?

jonix:
am connected with a local market research firm & we have a startup bamboo furniture outfit based in laguna...income from work funded my certification & equipment

unfortunately, consumer research work consumes a lot of my time thus i can't dive as often as i would want to

wife doesn't dive, she says she's afraid of those things you call "sharks" :crafty:

btw, around 65% of my body fluid consists of SMB light so i would assume i'm qualified here :eyebrow:

paolov:
thread hijack ng sandali,

would you know of where i can get live lemon grass or tanglad?

live? if you're not in a rush you could try around the areas of U.P. los baños to sta. cruz laguna...i usually buy herbs there

other options would be weekend organic markets or market! market! at the fort

wahahahahaha hijack nga! ang layo ng talon ng topic wahahahahaha

Jag

PS
at least kahit di tayo magkakilala sa totoong buhay parang barkada ang takbo ng mga usapan natin... kung saan-saan pumupunta hahahahahaa pabot nga ng bote... at wag mong gamulin yung sisig

I used to live in Cebu til 14 years ago. Now, I just day dream the Philippines and try to visit whenever possible.

what do you do for a living?
I'm a software engineer for big blue.

how do you pay for your dives?
My own pocket. Fortunately, my job pays well enough, that I can afford this expensive sport. It also helps that my wife works as well :)

Who do you have to sleep with to dive? Sadly, my wife doesnt dive. I usually dive with a couple of guys in Texas. However, it becomes a problem, when you go somewhere else and dont know anyone that dives. In those situation, I post messages in Scubaboard and other diving message boards and hope that someone will reply to your post. If that fails, then there's always the dive tours that charge $$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom