What do you consider "Cold Water" when wetsuit diving?

what do you consider "Cold Water" when wetsuit diving?

• The water has to be simmering i.e. Hot Tub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90F - 100F (32C-38C)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80F - 89F (27C-31C)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 70F - 79F (21C-26C)

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • 60F - 69F (15C-20C)

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Friggin 59F(14C) or below...basically if my reg isn't frozen it isn't cold!!!

Votes: 84 65.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Below 80 I need a wetsuit. Below 70 and I wonder if this really is Florida. Sometines it's more like Georgia in North Fla.

Eric

My Fiance' and I did our OWC dives in 50 degree water. Her face was so blue when we got out she looked like an oompa loompa! We officially open the dive seasons now at the 60 degree mark.

Its mid Summer here and our sea temp is fluctuating around 9/12C I'm nice and warm if I wear a 4mm compressed dry suit 3 layers of thermals and a weezle extreme thinsulate.:D

budgy once bubbled...
Its mid Summer here and our sea temp is fluctuating around 9/12C I'm nice and warm if I wear a 4mm compressed dry suit 3 layers of thermals and a weezle extreme thinsulate.:D

Mid-summer air temperatures in Scotland... from what little the single malt allows me to remember... are not much higher than your quoted water temps, Budgy... no wonder you're suited up so warmly!

I'll agree w/ what others have said...unless it's tropical, or teaching in a pool, I'll be in my drysuit.

I honestly find my drysuit easier to put in and more comfortable than a wetsuit.

Before I had my drysuit though, I was diving in water down to 40 degrees fahrenheit - after you make it through a few thermoclines it gets a little cold at some of our divesites!

.... was two days ago at Cat Rocks in Mass... Computer read 39, and the little temp gauge on my SPG was around 40-42.... now that's cold... (even with my 7 fiull and a 7 shorty over it...)

-beaker

Back
Top Bottom