What do you consider "Cold Water" when wetsuit diving?

what do you consider "Cold Water" when wetsuit diving?

• The water has to be simmering i.e. Hot Tub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90F - 100F (32C-38C)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80F - 89F (27C-31C)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 70F - 79F (21C-26C)

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • 60F - 69F (15C-20C)

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Friggin 59F(14C) or below...basically if my reg isn't frozen it isn't cold!!!

Votes: 84 65.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy once bubbled...

Soggy came about because I had a "dry" suit with an identity crisis. I thought it should keep me dry, it thought differently.

I now have a dry drysuit.

ROFLMAO...Wow a scuba washing machine...just wear some dry clothes underneath, go dive and kill two birds with one stone.
Brilliant...talk about multitasking:wink:

Soggy once bubbled...

Soggy came about because I had a "dry" suit with an identity crisis.

My OW instructor called them "damp suits".

Cornfed

Bottom temp only reaches 60 in mid August. That is considered warm. 38 - 50 is cold. 50 - 60 ( late July) is just warming up.

Here in Rhode Island I dive wet until the water goes below 54 degrees. Between 54-50 degrees you feel it. In the summer the water temp goes to around 65. 65 water temp we are warm. Once it gets below 50 forget it, go dry

I have to agree with Swim Jim when you live in a land where you have 9 months of winter and 3 months of just bad sledding you get use to diving in cold water...... I consider cold to be anything colder than 52 degrees......then I dive with a dry suit and 400 gram undies.

RJD

I wouldn't consider any of the temperature ranges in the poll as too cold for a 7mm. I've dived ubtro the upper 40's with mine and was warm for three dives.

For my 3mm full I'd consider below 60 to be cool. For my 3mm shortie below 65.

Dr. Bill

They're not... I have a 7mm wetsuit and I've dived with water at 48ºF (9ºC).

...(wearing a 7 mm 2-piece). In fact, I did another 8 dives there before I was spoiled forever by warm water diving. I live in Florida now and don't think I could go back to wearing all that neoprene...and that nasty, always-too-tight, hair-pulling hood.

Marla

Living in Southwestern Ontario you need to dive in a 7mm or you freeze your ___ off. I think that anything above 70 degrees is consider tropical temp. diving in usual 50-60 degrees is cold to me. I get cold easily so I am thinking of a drysuit since that could extend my diving season here. Each person thereshold to the cold is different so it really depends on the person and how long they can tolerate the cold.
I can usually stand up to 30min in 50 degrees max. then I lose interest and think only of getting warm.!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom