What do you do underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the feeling of being weightless and enjoy every minute of every dive just due to that alone. Sometimes I'll do a little underwater gymnastics which are fun since I'm not too graceful topside.

Mostly, I'm the tourist who watches everybody and everything and thoroughly enjoys all the happenings going on around me.

1 - Know my PO2 and stay alive, I dive a rebreather

2 - relax and forget the cares and worries that are topside in my other life

3 - have more fun than when I *********, nevermind, I don't know you that well!

lol joking. I like to look at cool things. and try to hover with my feet up high but my long legs weigh my feet down

Look at stuff, mostly ...

Some people are underwater tourists.... but they don't see much!
Some people are underwater technicians....so they see a lot of their dials.
Some people are underwater socialites.....so they only see their buddy.

OK, OK, maybe a little harsh....but when YOU are diving what are you primarily doing? Why are you down there to start with? What's the point?

I guess for everyone it's probably a little different as well as being a balance between various factors, so where do YOU draw the lines? What are you thinking about the most while you are in an environment we can't normally survive in?

My first priority is to behave in a safe way to provide me and whoever I'm with a safe, comfortable environment. After all, SCUBA is merely a transportation method to get to a destination, or to fulfill a purpose. But, if one does not dive safe the odds of being able to fulfill the purpose are greatly diminished.

Next, it is to watch and learn from the creatures around me. On land or in sea if one just stay still it is amazing the animals who will come to the observer. Then I can, as the observer, learn from them. I learn inside wrecks. I learn by hanging out within a few feet of the mooring line. I learn by drifting along on a live boat dive. I do not learn by constantly finning to see how much territory I can cover in a given dive.

When with a class, work.
When on fun mode, I'm a bottom feeder. Don't wait for me, cause it ain't a race. But everyone who pokes along with me are amazed at how much more they see.
Park, wait, and let it all flow by. Bliss.

Serenity & Tranquillity

Serenity & Tranquillity

Well, mostly I take picture... about half of them are of my dive buddies, but I really like trying to get better at taking pictures of actual underwater stuff. I guess I could be considered a tourist at times too. I like to see new sights even at sites I've been to before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom