What do you pack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pack all your dive equipment and buy all your clothes there.:D

Well if I remember correctly the current Wyndham thread posts, if you stay there, you don't need clothes at all! :11:

There you go Kat, you have found the solution we are looking for ! I can only imagine a bunch of divers walking around wearing only their BCD's...no I really do not want to even imagine that ... :shocked:

Three t-shirts and two pairs of board shorts. One of the t-shirts is the dedicated boat/dive shirt. I do a quick wash/rinse of the day's shirt/shorts ensemble each night, letting it dry while wearing the other one the next day.

One of the keys is being willing to go commando for a week.

David

There you go Kat, you have found the solution we are looking for ! I can only imagine a bunch of divers walking around wearing only their BCD's...no I really do not want to even imagine that ... :shocked:
LOL! I had the same (scary) thought! And didn't someone post about nude diving locations recently as well?? Nothing like frightening all the fish!! :wink:

As for packing ... things I've gotten good at .... packing the energy bars, tea bags, drink packets, etc. inside the small hot water pot we bring; small gear just tucked in the fin pockets; the clothes all get folded and rolled; socks, undies, etc. all get tucked into any odd pocket of space created by dive gear, or other items. I have an Eagle Creek hanging toiletry bag that holds the basics for both of us, and folds up very compact. everything gets packed together tightly - like a puzzle - so nothing moves around. (Hey - remember Scuba Santa made it there just fine!!:D)

Speaking of .... tell Ms. Christi I said Hi when you see her ... I tried again last trip to meet her, but she's never at the shop when I stop by!! :(

LOL! I had the same (scary) thought! And didn't someone post about nude diving locations recently as well?? Nothing like frightening all the fish!!

The things people do to get their kicks never ceases to amaze me.

LOL! I had the same (scary) thought! And didn't someone post about nude diving locations recently as well?? Nothing like frightening all the fish!!...

Must...refrain...from...worm joke...:eyebrow:

There are some threads that just demand a reply... For a week it is the bathing suit I wear down and 1 in the bag... two prs nylon shorts with the built-in undies two extra t-shirts cause you are gonna buy more there any way and a second pair of shoes... my goal is on the boat in less than 15 minutes after arrival at hotel... been successful both times cause we stay at casa mexicana and dive with aqua safari usually...

One carry-on bag for reg, computer, camera, cell phone and lap-top, and one bag for dive gear... I always seem to carry too many flashlight batteries so gotta cut down... I am the guy wearing the fanny pack because it really does leave your hands free...

Last two trips we have spent more on liquor at the airport to bring back than food for 4 days... Does that mean anything???

I must be in the minority...cause I take everything I can get...we check two bags a piece and carry on a bag each...I split all of our clothes evenly amongst the bags and split up the dive gear, I want to be prepared in case we lose a bag on the way.

Also, I put all the liquids in the gallon size ziploc bags, which are great on the return for wet clothes, etc...

For me I take:

6 bathing suits
4 cover ups
at least 3 pairs shoes
5 sundresses
a couple of pairs of shorts
2 pairs of capris
4 or 5 tanks

my husband takes 4 pairs of board shorts and 3 casual shorts, and a couple of tops

then I take my flat iron, hair products, makeup, skin care stuff, bug spray, laundry detergent, spray starch, sunscreen, massage oil, body lotions, aloe gel...

add in all the dive gear and the laptop...I think the only thing I left at home was the cats!

Drives my husband crazy, but I like to have my stuff!!

What do I pack?
Wilson Combat CQB .45 both on and off duty.

Oh, dive stuff!! Always too much!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom