Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Scuba diving is not a verb. Say "went scuba diving"

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Who cares? Divers don't need grammar.

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic once bubbled...

My now ex and I, over a year ago have a heated debate about "Dove" -v- Dived.

Seems like a silly reason to get divorced! :D

As a family law lawyer I can tell you I have seen sillier! :D

haha... funny.... I have wondered all this time I've been on ScubaBoard whether I had to say "dived" or "dove".... I am not a native speaker and don't have any "feeling" with any of these words... :) While typing out some posts I got really annoyed that I didn't know which word I had to use and tried to avoid the whole thing by saying "I made some dives".... I dunno if that sounds like funny foreigner English? :confused:

Anyhow.... "dived" sounds funny to me, but "dove" too...
If you don't mind I keep using "dived" as I never learned that "to dive" had to be on the list of irregular verbs, so "dove" sounds too odd to me!!

For what it's worth!! :D

Watersprite

What the heck did I just wrote a post about????!!!! pffffff :wacko:

Watersprite,

Are you sure you didn't mean "What the heck did I just writed a post about????!!!! pffffff "? :confused:

So that's why "dove" sounds so good to me. Thanks, WileE, now I know.

You and watersprite need to watch those prepositions, though. LOL!

Mermaid,

Which exit? <LOL>

After reading this thread I dove into my dictionary to look up dive or did I dive into the dictionary to look up dove? No, no, I'm sure I dove into . . .or.... maybe . . . well, keeping on doving!:confused:

Hey how about we make everyone happy, and call it doved, or diven... This has confused me too.. I feel kinda silled saying dived, dove comes more naturally..

Or I did SCUBA at (wreck "X", location "X" )

Hey lets just get doveing in ;-)

Dale

Are you sure you didn't mean "What the heck did I just writed a post about????!!!! - WilEDiver

Ahhhhh!!!! OK.... I'm OUT of here!! ;-0

I definately learned some good English grammar lessons today....

(oh my gosh... did I spell "definately" right and should I move "definately" to another place in the sentence too?!!) :rolleyes:

It's been too long ago I spoke English, I see myself writing funny foreign English... VERY annoying!!

Watersprite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom