What do you use green lasers for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use them on all my shark based weapons platforms.
images (1).jpeg

Double tap

Had a kid in my platoon get dazzled by a green laser and lost half his vision in one eye. I wouldn't use a green laser when a red eyesafe one or a flashlight would suffice.
I would not want to buddy someone who has a green laser.

Many people I dive with keep flashing their light in my face for some reason when they try to illuminate their hand for hand signals … can’t imagine the situation if they had a green laser in addition to the Jedi light …

I know Search and Rescue (SAR) Aircrew, and one of their biggest fears is that they will be searching for someone who will think that a laser is a good way to get their attention and will instead blind them.

This can NOT be stressed strongly enough:
DO NOT EVER USE A LASER IF YOU ARE LOST TO GET THE ATTENTION OF SOMEONE SEARCHING FOR YOU. THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU MIGHT BLIND THEM.

The USCG pilots were the ones that told us about the 55 gallon trash bag trick.
@Johnoly What’s the trick? I searched SB and the googs for “USCG pilots 55 gallon trash bag trick” no luck, but curious.

Thank you 🙏

I use lasers for a redundant gun-sight, if (for example) the red-dot sight's battery happens to be dead in an emergency.

@Johnoly What’s the trick? I searched SB and the googs for “USCG pilots 55 gallon trash bag trick” no luck, but curious.

Thank you 🙏

Also sending you a DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom