What do you want in an online diving logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all so much for the feedback, really really appreciate it.

I've already added support to upload dive photos, which you can then browse, add captions etc. I am looking at expanding this in the future. I've also made a sharing system similar to Facebook, where you add people as "buddies" which you can then share dives and photos with. Privacy and security has been one of my primary concerns since the beginning. There is a simple yet effective privacy system where you choose what you want to share and with whom.

Most of you have mentioned exporting, which is one of the next things i plan on doing. I also plan on making it possible to export as a PDF, so that you can print out your entire log (or parts of it).

An equipment manager with equipment info, service history, upcoming services and reminders etc has been on the back of my mind, but will definitely look at adding this soon.

Mobile support has also been one of my ideas, but I wasn't sure how many people would find this useful. However, from what you say it looks like it would be and will look at adding that as well.

I really like the idea of comparing dives, will look into that as well for sure. I've also noticed that the "Dive Courses" section is very popular, and will expand that to add instructor info, cert. no. etc.

Another priority of mine is to expand the sites section. At the moment there is an open database of dive sites, which users add sites to, updates, browse sites etc which you link your dives to. You can already add photos to sites, but I like the idea of a google map - will look into it.

@tincan715, thanks for your feedback on the dives page, I also also been finding it a but cluttered with selecting units, will change that soon probably. I will also add more fields to the "Extra Info" section, and I really like the idea of default entries; I will think about it and try come up with something.

Once again thank you all so much for the feedback, has been very valuable to me. Im very excited about this, and you can be sure that these features you have mentioned will definitely be added in the near future. In the meantime, if you get a chance check it out (Welcome to Divinglogs, your free online logbook and diving community) and I will keep you updated when these new features get added.

Thanks!

For me, the big things I'm looking for right now are:

1. Import/Export- not just from a dive computer, but from an excel spreadsheet, or something like that.

2. Adding Pictures- and maybe video

3. Sharing with friends- I like to let all of my friends (mainly facebook) that I just went on the best dive of my life. I would like to see working integration with facebook

4. Printable Logs- Specifically options, print one dive, print all dives, what size paper, what data fields, etc....

All these things I have yet to find in one online dive log site.

Greetings All;

Just thought I would share our online logbook as well. It's called Aqua Carnet - the French and English free online scuba logbook. It started exactly one month ago and already you can log your dives, download your entire logbook in CSV format, add photos to each log, search for other members/logs, and more! The website is updated daily with new features. Our team is working extremely hard to make this website the best online tool for SCUBA divers across the world. Though this website is new, the team has been together since 2008 and we're still going strong!

Please feel free to check out AquaCarnet.com and tell me what you think! It won't be in "beta" for much longer, so if you want to share your ideas and see them blossom now's your chance!

List of features to come:
- Printable PDF of your logbook
- Add video to each log
- Share your log(s) on facebook
- Add log from mobile device (already do-able but not as easy as we want it to be)
- Dive Buddy address book
- Commenting system
- and more!

Aqua Carnet Support Staff
AquaCarnet.com : Online Scuba Log

Back
Top Bottom