what fins are these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want good fins for diving in current, look toward the freediving fins. They are pricy, but the freediving fins are the only ones that don't suck when it comes to converting power into thrust at speeds above 1/3 knot. Dive-R makes some excellent composite blade fins.

Buddhasummer - Have you tried the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins yet? Have some feedback/opinion for us? Thanks!

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 12:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Buddhasummer, I had a guy contact me saying he had scubapro"jet" fins. not the twins. They are older and he's asking $10...would I be wasting my time with these or are these any good? They look like aqualung super rockets

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 12:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Buddhasummer, I had a guy contact me saying he had scubapro"jet" fins. not the twins. They are older and he's asking $10...would I be wasting my time with these or are these any good? They look like aqualung super rockets

Dude for $10 go for it. You are not losing much if you don't like them. You can ebay them for more than that.

I own some large jets. I'm not a big fan and hardly wear them anymore. The blade is relatively small so I find it hard to generate much power when I need to. I also find them a little heavy and have to move my tank way up when wearing them. But as ams511 says for $10 can't really go wrong.

Very true, but I would have to hassle with PayPal or money orders and buy some spring straps for them. Would they have more power than mares raptors if you have ever used those? That is all I am looking for,as I am a little leery after being dragged around a little

Buddhasummer - Have you tried the Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins yet? Have some feedback/opinion for us? Thanks!

Went out yesterday and today and forgot them both times. Wish I brought them though as viz was shocking. I'll definitely take them out next week and post back.

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 03:39 AM ----------

Very true, but I would have to hassle with PayPal or money orders and buy some spring straps for them. Would they have more power than mares raptors if you have ever used those? That is all I am looking for,as I am a little leery after being dragged around a little

what size are they/you?

Xl/12

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom