What gear have you bought???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raggie

New
Reaction score
Hello all........

I am trying to do a bit of reasearch and am wondering:

WHAT DIVE GEAR DID YOU BUY FIRST and WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET HOLD OF??

Just a quick reply would be cool...thanks!:)

This month all bought everything from head to toe for my wife and I.

For me:
MARES DRAGONFLY AIRTRIM BC
MARES MR22 ABYSS REGULATOR
SEAQUEST APEKS T20 OCTOPUS
SUUNTO COBRA COMPUTER CONSOLE W/COMPASS
All the other accessories

For her:
SEAQUEST DIVA LX BLACK
MARES MR22 ABYSS REGULATOR
SEAQUEST APEKS T20 OCTOPUS
SUUNTO VYPER COMPUTER CONSOLE
All the other accessories

Other:
Akona - Rollerbackback
Akona - Delux Mesh boat bags x2

And now we are on water and bread for the mext few months.

I just bought:

Sherwood Magnum BCD
Sherwood Maximus Regulator
Sherwood Minimus Octo
Sherwood 3 Gauge Console
Bare 7mm Extreme Hooded Semi-dry suit

Coyote

The list is long. I've gotten most of my stuff. The only thing still on my wish list is a second set of doubles, bands and manifold. I'm also planning to purchase a couple of HP80's for shore dives and classes.

I'm assuming that you've already gotten mask, fins, snorkel and boots and, if necessary, hood and gloves.

If you are on a budget, the first thing that I would recommend buying is a BP&Wing and a good regulator with backup and SPG, but without a computer.

You can pick up a bottom timer for far less than a computer. Learn to dive on the tables.

If you decide that you want a computer, you can purchase it later. However, your purchase will come after you've gotten the basics and have enough information to decide whether you really want one. Besides, your money is better spent elsewhere at first.

You should also purchase a compass.

Exposure protection depends on where you are diving, how you fit in rental suits and how you feel about rental suits. Personally, I'd rather wear a rental wetsuit than use a rental reg.

However, the money you save by not buying a computer will buy exposure protection.

Northeastwrecks makes perfect sense. After you have the essentials buy a compass and a bottom timer! You have to be able to know where you have been as well as where your going. The bottom timer will tell you your BT as well as ascent rates. You should KNOW the TABLES..................
Wreck/Tec

If I was you I would get a regulator setup or exposure portecture first before you get anything else. Most rental regulators are fine, but your never sure how often they have been serviced or used. And you never know what is growing in those rental wet suits. On the regulator, most people on this board would recomend Scubapro or Apeks.
Scubapro:
Mk25/G250HP is a good choice.
Apeks:
DS4/ATX50 is a pretty good choice.
There both around the same price.
After getting a regulator I would get a BC. I would recomend a Bp/Wings combo, but I will let someone else talk about this.

Good Luck
Tekkie

Raggie once bubbled...
Hello all........

I am trying to do a bit of reasearch and am wondering:

WHAT DIVE GEAR DID YOU BUY FIRST and WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET HOLD OF??

Just a quick reply would be cool...thanks!:)
I just purchased a drysuit. I want to dive here in the Puget Sound a lot, and just didn't want to deal with the 7 mil farmer john + 7 mil shorty all the time.

I'm now looking at getting a regulator. I am planning on getting an Apeks. This purchase will be a ways off, but since I know what I want I can start saving now. :)

I bought a Suunto Mosquito watch/computer while I was in Hawaii, but I agree with the other posters that this is not an important thing to have. My wife and I happen to be DINKs, so I have more dollars than sense sometimes. :wink:

Jimmie

I JUST bought a Fred T. heavy short backplate, and harness with all the fixins.

I also bought a Dive Rite Rec wing and a Bare CT200 undersuit.

I 've got the fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a dive boat, a Pro 48.

Then call me.

Aside from the basics, mask, snorkel, fins, the first major purchases were BC, regulator, console, and wetsuit. With these items, I was good to go. Over the years, I accumulated much more....then I discovered technical diving and began the equipment collection all over again.

Back
Top Bottom