What gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends upon where you plan on diving. Get with experienced divers (not dive shop salesmen) in your area and find out what they use. If you lived around here I would show you my stuff. Most of us around here use about the same things.

A guy in New Jersey would have different needs.

Best of luck with it.

A lot of people on this board also use a hog harness. That would have been my second choice. Just search hog harness on the board and you'll get numerous threads to look at.

Now that you have received advice on buying thousands of dollars of gear, I'll advise a four dollar item. Go to Wal Mart and buy a set of "Farberware" kitchen shears. Stronger than the EMT shears. Then you can fashion a sheath or holster for it. One of these can be made from a motorcycle inner tube, weight belt webbing, or by flattening a plastic tube.

Florida wrecks often have monofilament on them. You don't want to get caught in it. These shears will cut a limp line one handed, while knives require two hands.

I have not been caught in the stuff, but I cut away line that could get somebody else. I get some fishing tackle out of it, too.

Stu.

Back
Top Bottom