What happened? 317 people die...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i figured it out ... took me about two minutes =(
(the first two questions are a dead giveaway)

how about

"the more of it you make, the less you have"

what is it?

I saw the 9 coin problem earlier, here is a harder variation of it. I'm sure many of you out there already know the answer as this is a very common puzzle. If you have previously solved the puzzle, keep it to yourself and let the others ponder over it. And this is also easiliy googled, so don't cheat.

You have a balance scale and 12 coins, 1 of which is counterfeit. The counterfeit weighs either less or more than the other coins. Can you determine the counterfeit in 3 weightings, AND tell if it is heavier or lighter?

H2Andy:
i figured it out ... took me about two minutes =(
(the first two questions are a dead giveaway)

how about

"the more of it you make, the less you have"

what is it?

That's easy, money. And yes, I did figure that out in about 5 seconds, I've found since I've discovered SCUBA it is even more true.

hmmm.... well... no.... money wasn't the answer i was looking for

H2Andy:
hmmm.... well... no.... money wasn't the answer i was looking for

Well I guess I'll have to think about it a little more, but you have to admit. Money fits.

well... normally, the more money i make the more i have .... but that's just me =)

Ok you are alone in an L shaped room there are three light switches one end of the L and three light bulbs on the other end. You have to figure out which switch turns on and off the three bulbs. and no they are not labeled. the bulbs cannot be seen from the switches and the bulbs are not far enough apart to cast different shadows or anything like that. the hard part: you can only enter the part of the room containing the bulbs once.

You flip 2 of the switches. Wait a couple of minutes. Turn one of the switches back off. Then go to the lights. The one that is on is the switch you left on. The one that feels warm is the one you turned on and off, and the one that is cold is the switch you never turned on.

wow

brilliant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom