What happened to the eye bubble test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RP_Diver:
We made him SIT for 24 hours and have him under close observation for that period...

I must say that we made him sit because he wanted to jump in for the last dive of the day.......

At that point I made a mental note to self.... Never dive with him again. :)

Like a moth to the flame....all you did is delay the accident to another time...

R..

Diver0001:
Like a moth to the flame....all you did is delay the accident to another time...

R..
Oh, he did a couple of other things...

(1) He sent a message about more prudent diving; and

(2) He avoided being involved with the accident expected. On one hand, one might want to dive with him to assist when he screws up again, but on the other - not dive with him so as to not be a part of or even a witness to an accident. I have different feelings for different problem divers I've known, and - I'm sure some would say the same for me.

I believe that this will not happen to him again, not an OOA at least, he was scared enough.
I choosed not to dive with him again just to be on he safe side. Knowing me, if I had saw him trying to surface at that speed I would have tried to help him out (grab by a fin, belt) and probably would have been dragged to the surface with him.

Since he is not some one close to me, just was someone who on the same trip, I prefer not putting myself in a sittuation that I would lead me to jeopardise my own security.

After all, there are people out there that just don´t get it, and as much as you try they´ll never be a "safe diver". So why risk your skin? I did what I could, talked to him, reviewed all that went wrong and said that he was VERY lucky.

I hope that, when I put myself in a situation that I screwed up, someone talk to me just like I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom