Lessons What have you become entangled in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the wife finds out what you spent on that new must have item it can be a near death experience!
nope.... she dives too. all our gear is bought in multiples. just bought new halcyon legend wings, steel plates, and hp100 doubles.... x2 of course. a true blessing....and a curse all at the same time.

Fishnet. On the North Sea. Thought my life was over.

Knife was to blunt to cut through it, so had to take of my boot and fin and struggle my way out. Lesson learned: Only use you knife for emergencies, and not for anything else which makes it less sharp.

Dsmb line
Christmas Day 2021 at like 10 pm in the Detroit river got my left arm tangled right at the surface with my head half way on the surface.
Dsmb line was attached to a car that drove in the water, and I was tethered to a shore tender, between the two lines pulling me and the Detroit river current in 35° water pushing me in dark, I was tangled and scared
First time I had ever been tangled, first time I’d ever been scared while diving,
Didn’t dive for a few months after that, was pretty apprehensive about getting back in the water after that.
That was a pretty ****** night

kelp in Southern California but never needed to cut myself loose, just reached back and untangled myself. Been caught up once in fishing line that called for me to pull out the EZ cut and free myself.

I see zero reason for a massive dive knife unless you plan on having underwater knife fights with other divers.

I got entangled with this, but no cutting tool required….
AAC1D829-9073-41A8-A070-3AE6304C3761.jpeg

Descending from a moored buoy, my buddy got his BCD oral inflation mouthpiece caught in one of the mooring chain links at about 5m depth. He couldn't see what was preventing him from ascending or descending and was a bit panicky.

I had to give it a really good yank in just the right direction bracing my other hand on the chain to get it free. He popped to the top pretty quick and after a few minutes to get calmed down we descended again and completed the dive.

I still don't know how it managed to get caught. It was an extremely tight fit (both width and length) for the mouthpiece in the chain link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom