What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now you relize the importance of rinsing off you wetsuit and booties .....besides it helps with the Nitrite cycle...lol see ya` under

Would you pee into the ocean from the boat?
Missed this one earlier. It's common for men to pee off the back of a moving dive boat. Haven't see a woman do it yet, tho. :D

I used to pee in my suit all the time....but then I couldnt deal with the smell that stuck in the suit or on my bathing suit underneath. I just use the head before, in between, and after dives. But if you like to go in your suit, no probs doing so!

Hey, ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Somewhere on this board recently, I related a story of a fellow diver with me in the Cooper River who had to take a **** while diving. And he he dropped his drawers and did his duty.

Now that was unique, in all my years of diving.

This is why I tell all my friends who have started diving, to buy your own wetsuits! If you have to to go, just go. Better to swim in your own pee then someone elses. And clean your wetsuits with something like Sink the Stink after every dive. Haven't had a smelly suit yet.

diversmarts:
Hey, ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Somewhere on this board recently, I related a story of a fellow diver with me in the Cooper River who had to take a **** while diving. And he he dropped his drawers and did his duty.

Now that was unique, in all my years of diving.

a quick story:

about half way through a surface interval on a dead calm mooring, one lady said "I think I'll take a swim"
Her husband promptly announces to the entire boat " She's gotta take a dump"

needless to say, the wife was not amused....:)

Mike

Pee in the suit, but there is some ettiquette involved......

I saw the bootie suggestions... good... but try not to pee in the suit the last 10-15 minutes of the dive or you just may carry it back on the boat with you.

I've hear rumors that people who just took B vitamans might leave a visible cloud at the time they go.

Peeing in the wetsuit is difficult at first, it took quite a bit of concentration the first few times I tried. Once you start though, it sort of takes on a Pavlov's Dogs life of it's own... you may need to pee at the mere sight of a wetsuit.

later,

miked:
a quick story:

about half way through a surface interval on a dead calm mooring, one lady said "I think I'll take a swim"
Her husband promptly announces to the entire boat " She's gotta take a dump"

needless to say, the wife was not amused....:)

Mike

Ha!! That's good.

If she really did have to dump, she should've come clean about it to the rest. After all, we divers need to honest and up front to the rest. Only fair!

DandyDon:
Only in South American fresh water - there you just don't pee in the water, or go in with any still on you. :wink:

Just to give a bit more detail, the fish is called Candiru, it is attracted by urine and it is small enough to enter the ureter (male and female), or any other orifice, where it will then open its spines.
It can only be removed surgically.
Good reason not to swim naked in rivers.

DandyDon:
Missed this one earlier. It's common for men to pee off the back of a moving dive boat. Haven't see a woman do it yet, tho. :D

I have been told it is one of the more common contributing factors to "Man Overboard". There you are, tending to business at the rail when the boat takes an unexpected roll and off you go.:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom