What if I wanted to work on my regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do believe there is already a thread going that pertained to similar regs. IE same manufacturer different name. I know DA Aquamaster was part of that one.

Yeah, it's the clone thread; I'll use it to cross-reference the brands I'm not familiar with.

Meanwhile, I'm carrying this over to the DIY Forum.

For what it's worth, most of the puck type LP seats I have come across are pretty much the same but the HP seats in flow by piston regs is a different matter. AL (or maybe I should say USD- reference reg is a Aquarius) is different from Sherwood and both are different than SP MK-2. In any case, making your own HP seats for any of them is fairly easy with a drill press or lathe.

ok folks any input of DIY for above brand of regulators....
Tools Req...
Where to find parts....
2010 parts manual

ok folks any input of DIY for above brand of regulators....
Tools Req...
Where to find parts....
2010 parts manual

If you follow the links in post #3 you'll probably find most of the information you need

...seats in flow by piston regs is a different matter. AL (or maybe I should say USD- reference reg is a Aquarius) is different from Sherwood and both are different than SP MK-2......

Herman, would you double check that? I replaced a MK2 seat a couple of years ago with what I'm pretty sure was a Sherwood seat...but I could be mistaken. I cannot go back and check as I don't have that MK 2 anymore.

c

The atlantisdiveclub link in #3 above doesn't work - ditto for the english language section of their website...

You mentioned the MK25 is very different, that is what my regs are (and one USD) did not find a kit on e-bay, any suggestions for MK25 parts?

Herman, would you double check that? I replaced a MK2 seat a couple of years ago with what I'm pretty sure was a Sherwood seat...but I could be mistaken. I cannot go back and check as I don't have that MK 2 anymore.

c

I am away from the shop for a week but will recheck them when I get back. As I recall, I measured the internal diameter of the piston HP seat cavity to determine the seat size. The nylon pucks are fairly soft so it is quite possible they are the same diameter, just one is a little harder to stuff into the bore than the other.

You mentioned the MK25 is very different, that is what my regs are (and one USD) did not find a kit on e-bay, any suggestions for MK25 parts?

Mk20/25 kits show up quite regularly on ebay. Just keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom