What is a good dive shop in Monterey, CA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamboo Reef on Lighthouse is the place to go. Lots of other good shops though...

So a few people have mentioned Glenn's Aquarius II. In my years of diving in Monterey, I'd never used them until yesterday. I was not impressed. Some people in my group were renting gear and did not want a snorkel (we were doing a boat dive). The person helping them out was giving them a ton of grief about that. It all got a little strange and uncomfortable.

Paco II:
So a few people have mentioned Glenn's Aquarius II. In my years of diving in Monterey, I'd never used them until yesterday. I was not impressed. Some people in my group were renting gear and did not want a snorkel (we were doing a boat dive). The person helping them out was giving them a ton of grief about that. It all got a little strange and uncomfortable.

I went in once and got charged $18 for a PADI RDP. Believe it or not, the other shop near breakwater, MBDC, didn't have any in stock. It was getting late, and I was in a rush. I scrambled back to Aquarius II and bit the bullet.

I saw that they carry the black-skirt Poseidon masks, though. Not many places stock those. Nice masks.

rhlee:
This is crap. Maybe avoid generalizations based on "two boat dives" you did last year? I don't personally know *anybody* that dives Monterey regularly in a wetsuit. Sure, you'll see people around in wetsuits, but the regular crowd almost exclusively dives dry.

Now you know one person that does wetsuit and the suit is gonna celebrate its 90th time that has been used. :eyebrow:

I am a relitively new diver, but have had the continuing opportiunity to dive and work with many different groups of people and different levels of certifications. Diving dry seems to always be the overwelming fashion and/or wish but not always possible for logistical reasons. While I have only been able to dive wet so far, layering is a common practice (7mm john, 7mm jacket w/ 3mm hood and vest) and I definatly look forward to using a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom