What is Love????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In today's world that is always changing and the people in it, can anyone really define the meaning of Love?

Oh, man !!!! I CAN"T resist this one . . . .

"Love means never having to say you're sorry . . ."

DMP:
In today's world that is always changing and the people in it, can anyone really define the meaning of Love?

Maybe not a definition, but a close hint ..... Love should make the needs of the other person outweight your own and motivate one to do everything hoping it will make the other person happy.

But I am sure you will get a very wide response to this one...

The Kraken:
Oh, man !!!! I CAN"T resist this one . . . .

"Love means never having to say you're sorry . . ."

If anyone really believes this, their love will not last. However, I though the very same thing when I saw the post.

When you experience a chemical inbalance in your brian. Falling in love is that period of happiness from when you meet to when you leave..............

One thought I heard a few years ago is:

'Like' is an emotion, 'love' is a commitment.

In other words, I may not ‘like’ my wife at times, but I’ve committed to loving her unconditionally 'til the day I die. And by unconditionally I mean that how she feels about me, what she does for me, or how she treats me will not change my love for her. When two people are commited to each other this way, it's a truly beautiful thing.

I once overheard a guy telling someone, “A couple of years ago I discovered what true love is. Unfortunately I was married at the time…”

That scumbag had the wrong definition of love, IMHO.

But, hey, I'm pretty old fashioned.

3dent:
One thought I heard a few years ago is:

'Like' is an emotion, 'love' is a commitment.

In other words, I may not ‘like’ my wife at times, but I’ve committed to loving her unconditionally 'til the day I die. And by unconditionally I mean that how she feels about me, what she does for me, or how she treats me will not change my love for her. When two people are commited to each other this way, it's a truly beautiful thing.

I once overheard a guy telling someone, “A couple of years ago I discovered what true love is. Unfortunately I was married at the time…”

That scumbag had the wrong definition of love, IMHO.

But, hey, I'm pretty old fashioned.

Your not the only one

DMP:
:11:

I can answer your question........"Love is a decision"

DMP:
Wasnt the "Love is..." a comic strip from the 80's? Two little naked children looking figures walking around in a naturist world always being loving - nver quite got it myself. Thought i had found love before, still not sure if it was or not, still cant define it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom